Advice from the learned members please

sgothuk

Not sure where this belongs so ill start here.

Today Sunday the 20th i took my car out for a run after half a mile the engine stalled and EPC light came on and stayed on managed to get car started and returned to home only to see another light come on (the one that looks like an engine block) this is puzzling me as my car has been running perfectly any ideas would be appreciated its an Octavia Vrs estate on an 03 plate. 54000 miles on the clock

Epc light is usually caused by the maf I think, also the engine light is on meaning there's a fault code. Reading the code would give you more of an idea to what the problem is. Do you know anyone with a scanner or vcds.

Also the best place for your post would of been the mk1 octy section

• 2 weeks later...

At long last i have my car back it was a dead G28 crank sensor and the cost to be done at main skoda dealers is around £280 not an easy job as the sensor is inside the gearbox housing which has to be removed to gain access many thanks for your help im back on the road again