Any (jcb) plant mechanics on here

Is there any plant mechanics or anybody jcb related on here

My parents have just bought a JCB telehandler and i want to fit an alarm / immobilizer as they don't want it to go missing but i could do with a wiring diagram to help me wire it all in,

Can anybody help or have any suggestions??

Is there any plant mechanics or anybody jcb related on here

My parents have just bought a JCB telehandler and i want to fit an alarm / immobilizer as they don't want it to go missing but i could do with a wiring diagram to help me wire it all in,

Can anybody help or have any suggestions??

Hello,

My father would be willing to help however he is located in Wiltshire of all places! - Do you have an immobilizer ready for fitting or need to buy one?

I will get some 'simple steps' written up for you once you come back with your answer... It's pretty simple :)

Would fitting a monitored tracker not be a better option? Certainly in addition to, as the majority of these things are removed on the back of a truck.

Why let people take what is yours and then chase them for it? Immobilizer would just leave it dead in its tracks (pardon the pun)...

Why let people take what is yours and then chase them for it? Immobilizer would just leave it dead in its tracks (pardon the pun)...

I would agree, especially given that the majority of JCB units share the same key (Useful when there are lots of vehicles on site, less useful for security).

Unfortunately if the plant is not secured, it has been known for the thieving gets to simply lift the units from where they have been parked. An immobiliser doesn't help in these circumstances.

• Like 1

Its parked behind locked gates and only other exit is across fields as its 4wd it would drive away but would be alot more difficult to move if immobilizer with alarm making a noise,

Got a toad Ai606 for it, most of its not rocket science looking at it, its just a couple of bit am not sure of

The people who steal these machines would find the iphone in about 30sec, the best bet is the tracker fitted. tracker's are set of as soon is the machines is moved and alerts the the people who monitor them and you also get a phone call from them.