vRS Aircon leak?

Hello,

I've notice a few drips coming from underneath my vRS tonight on the garage floor. They don't feel oily or soapy to suggest its an oil or washer fluid leak- they just feel like water. I suspect this might be some sort of overflow produced by the AC. There was initially 2 small drips positioned on either side of the front, then a smaller drip in the middle.

Is this to be expected after 15mins of Aircon use? or do i have some sort of other leak?

I've been to double check now- repositioned car, sat for about 30 seconds with no aircon, then turn it on a small drip appeared. The original drips I noticed have now evaporated, again suggesting non oil related.

Oil level is ok, well above the 'A' mark on the dipstick.

Thanks,

Edited by Gumby

yep, in hot humid weather it can be quite a lot of water normally from the drain of the evaporator in the car that cools the air ,

more of an issue if you don't see any water in hot weather with the aircon running as the drain pipe could possibly be blocked, as far as i am aware it exits the car somewhere behind the exhaust heat shield under the car so not that easy to get to check

I was sat in the drive with the engine running for a bit yesterday as the car failed to start that morning. Jump started it and ran it a bit to charge the battery. There was a HUGE puddle of water after I've switched it off. The more humid it is the more water there will be.

Last week coming into Germany at 9:30pm it was 24c and VERY humid. When I parked up there was water dripping down quite prolifically.

Also you will notice in this warmer wather when sat in traffic as you move forward a load of little puddles of water from where the cars were all sat. lol

Phil