Lewys Black VRS

lewyvrs

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to Briskoda, but thought I'd share my new toy that I aquired in November last year.

I bought my Black Octavia VRS off an old neighbour who had SORN'd his pride and joy for about 4 years. The car is a one owner and has only covered 43,000 miles since new. He only agreed to sell it to me if I gave him first refusal if I ever sell! The only thing he'd done to the car was have the spiders sprayed in anthracite as they were looking a bit tired.

Anyway, the car has been off the road since due to work commitments, but it's now time to start my project thread. The rear brakecaplipers were sticking on, so new ones were sourced and fitted prior to MOT time. Apart from the brakes the car flew through the MOT.

Next was the compulsory cambelt and water pump change, which is probably the only job I'm not that confident in tackling myself. This was done by Silbury Skoda in Cramlington, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, who were very competitve on price. :thumbup:

The next job was to paint the chrome grille surround black, which seems to be the mod of many on this forum.

A few pics of before and after:

post-82027-0-60149100-1338484181_thumb.jpg

Next job, is to fit a new stereo which should be turning up tomorrow from flea bay, so at least I can hook up the ipod. :rock:

Also, Seat cupra splitter is on order ready to be collected Saturday, hopefully get some pics up on Sunday if the weather holds up!

Hoping to do a few more mods over the coming months, would like to keep the look as understated as possible. A Stage 1 remap, coilovers, Forge 007p and stainless exhaust are definately on the cards.

Any hints, advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a busy day at work, the management are off so thought I'd set about tarting up the brake calipers. I mentioned above that I'm trying to keep the car as understated as possible, so I've decided to go for black calipers instead of the standard green.

I'm quite pleased how they've turned out, please ignore the dirty wheels!!

Also, Sony headunit turned up from Ebay, pretty simple plug and play apart from swapping the red and yellow feed for 12v permanent live and ignition live.

Forge 007p should turning up on Thursday - nice shiny bit for the engine bay!!

Managed to source a centre armrest from a friends Passat that he is scrapping, does anyone know of a good leather re-trim place in the North East/North Yorkshire?

Cheers

Lewy

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpgPicture005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, it's been a while since I've updated the thread, so here goes....

Fitted a Forge 007p a few weeks ago, nice n shiny!!

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r551/lewyvrs/Ocy003.jpg

The exhaust was looking a little droopy, so fitted two new exhaust mounts.

Before..

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r551/lewyvrs/Ocy001.jpg

And after..

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r551/lewyvrs/Ocy002.jpg

Also, finally managed to get the splitter on today, looks pretty good. Just need to get some coilees and get it slammed now..

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r551/lewyvrs/Ocy005.jpg

Finally, the green of the vrs badges was doing my head in (OCD kicked in big time) so thought blacking it out would look ok. I did both front and rear badges with balck vinyl. Not perfect, but will do for now. Probably will have to redo when I get my Pastboy badges soon.

Also, my N/S/F wing had a coming together with somebodys head when they were pi$$ed, absolutely gutted. But, a fella called Ed King (Dent King North East) managed to massage the dents out. Looks like brand new. Can't recommend the bloke enough, he even squeezed me in at short notice. Top notch service.

That's all for now folks.

Whiteline RARB purchased this evening courtesy of skinnyman (he really is skinny! :giggle: ).

Should be on tomorrow morning, will take it for a blast to see if it improves things!! :rock:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got the Whiteline RARB fitted last week, can't believe the difference in how the car feels. Nice and tight into the corners, just how it should be. As the cars only done 47k I was unsure whether to mess with the suspension, but needs must. :yes:

The coilovers should be on by the end of the month, just waiting on the wife going away for a few days, so no questions are asked!! :bandit:

Also, cone filter purchased from Gee@W8, so should be fitted this weekend, will post pics when done.

Had a cleaning sesh yesterday, by no means at it's best but not looking too bad for a car thats nearly 10 years old.

Octy002.jpg

Octy003.jpg

Octy001.jpg

• Like 2

Never been convinced about black spiders on a black car but looks good on yours... Stylish indeed...

Cheers mate, the camera on my iphone makes them look black, but they're more of an anthracite.

Oooooooshhh!!! Thanks to Gee@W8 my car is now the proud owner of this:

IMG_0550.jpg

I know Gee seems obsessed with green, so might end up colour coding, not sure. I'll see if it grows on me. Also need a couple of bits to tidy it up but as I live in the middle of nowhere, everything is shut on a Sunday.

Sounds the business!!! :clap:

Cheers for looking.

• Like 2

Looks good mate.

Does the whiteline make a massive difference to the handling ? Im undecided whether to get the whitline or eibach rarb.

I would say it made a huge difference. it seems to have tightened the cornering. I've got it set to the middle of three settings as have most people on here I think. Bear in mind I'm still on stock suspension, so hopefully once the coilover's go on it will be even better.

I couldn't comment on the eibach one.

Hope this helps.

Got some new Pastboy badges the other day, so popped them on after a bit of a polish. Look better than the tatty originals. :)

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

And a geeky shot in front of work :nerd:

IMG_0558.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

Got some new Pastboy badges the other day, so popped them on after a bit of a polish. Look better than the tatty originals. :)

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

And a geeky shot in front of work :nerd:

IMG_0558.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks a spitting image of mine! Lose the rub strips

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Not really been up to much recently, apart from having to replace the battery as it went dead when Mrs L was using it. Had to try and talk her and the mother-in-law through jump starting it, needless to say I wasn't flavour of the month! Plenty of this going on :swear:

Anyway, finally decided on the new exhaust, it turned up Friday but won't get round to fitting it unitl next weekend. A couple of pics:

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

I'll put some pics up once it's on.

Bye for now!!

Lewy,

making some nice progress pal, Loving the black on black! done this many times with past cars.

Should sound good once you have the new exhaust all fitted.

Craig...

Cheers Craig, the plan was to get it remapped once the exhaust is on, but I'm unsure if it will be this side of Xmas.

Just trying to do cheapy mods at the min so they go under the radar with Mrs L.

Hi, hope you all had a good weekend, it was a busy one for the vrs!! The bumper strips were looking extremely tired. I've tried all sorts from bumper gels to a heatgun but they still looked pants.

Picture002-1.jpg

So I decided to whip them off and give them a paint

Picture001-1.jpg

In between coats, the original exhaust was removed (with the aid of my trusty grinder ;) )

And ta dah

Picture.jpg

Loving the nice rumble of the exhaust, went for resonated in the end, which is nice and quiet on the motorway but sounds good when you give it some beans. :devil:

The picture also shows the rub strips refitted with a few coats of paint, I know the quality of photo isn't great as my missus was nagging me to paint the fence at the time.

Also got some Creations Motorsport number plate holders and new plates to replace the originals.

Cheers for looking

Lewy

• Like 1