3 beeps on startup

Hi people, I'm back after having moved home.

Anyway, just went out for a drive, and on startup was met with 3 loud beeps. Mine is a 4000 mile 54 plate fab vrs. Manual says this happens with low coolant levels, mine is just under max???

Any ideas??? :confused:

Ooh, :wave23d:

I Know this one! If its the same as mine then its nothing to do with temperatures, seatbelts, washer levels, coolant levels, handbrakes left on and all the other obvious things.

Let me tell you what I had and you can confirm if its the same. I've got a '04 Fabia VRS, problem first seen around 16'000 miles. When starting up in morning, I would turn the key halfway until the glow plug light goes out. As I did that there were three loud beeps one after another. I didn't start the engine and didn't notice any warning lights. I put the ignition back off and turned on again but this time no beeps. Started car and went no problem.

I posted this on here and at the time we had legend :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:Ross Clarke:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1: with us and he was able to recognise the fault right away because he had read it in a Skoda bulletin only available to dealers through their 'desktop' information system.

The problem was down to an intermittant software glitch on an ABS ECU so the ABS ECU basically needs replaced (under warranty). After taking advice from Ross, I explained the fault to my local dealer who had never heard of this issue before and tried to basically fob me off. When I told them to check their desktop system for the bulletin that 'a friend' had told me about they agreed to take the car in and inspect it. Eventually they replaced the ABS ECU and I have had no problems or beeps since.

I would check out my original post (Three beeeps off Fabia this morning...???)about this if you want.

Good luck getting it sorted, you might have to persuade the dealer to take a look as I did.

Cheers

Ross M

P.S. - Thanks Ross if your reading :thumbup:

Ooh' date=' :wave23d:

I Know this one! If its the same as mine then its nothing to do with temperatures, seatbelts, washer levels, coolant levels, handbrakes left on and all the other obvious things.

Let me tell you what I had and you can confirm if its the same. I've got a '04 Fabia VRS, problem first seen around 16'000 miles. When starting up in morning, I would turn the key halfway until the glow plug light goes out. As I did that there were three loud beeps one after another. I didn't start the engine and didn't notice any warning lights. I put the ignition back off and turned on again but this time no beeps. Started car and went no problem.

I posted this on here and at the time we had legend :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:Ross Clarke:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1: with us and he was able to recognise the fault right away because he had read it in a Skoda bulletin only available to dealers through their 'desktop' information system.

The problem was down to an intermittant software glitch on an ABS ECU so the ABS ECU basically needs replaced (under warranty). After taking advice from Ross, I explained the fault to my local dealer who had never heard of this issue before and tried to basically fob me off. When I told them to check their desktop system for the bulletin that 'a friend' had told me about they agreed to take the car in and inspect it. Eventually they replaced the ABS ECU and I have had no problems or beeps since.

I would check out my original post (Three beeeps off Fabia this morning...???)about this if you want.

Good luck getting it sorted, you might have to persuade the dealer to take a look as I did.

Cheers

Ross M

wow, missed that one!

I'll make a note for future reference :thumbup:

Ooh' date=' :wave23d:

Cheers

Ross M

Hmmm, this does sound like it I must admit. I started up twice since it happend and no beeps at all. Now, my dealer is a few miles away and any trip to see them is a nightmare with all the traffic. So, do I see how it goes and hope it's a 'one-off' or is it that serious that it needs urgent attention????

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks for your replies :thumbup:

just had mine done last month.... three beeps on startup but no warning light. Turned out to be the ABS pump sensor. Doesn't necessarily show up on the dealer's diagnostic. Make sure the dealer has up to date software that covers latest VRs (apparently). When mine had beeped I definately had no ABS otyherwise brakes worked. sensor changed and now ok.