A good experience at Chatham's!

I took my Superb in for an oil change few days ago at Graeme P. Chatham Skoda Dunfermline, where I had bought the car from.

When I collected the car they had replaced the main Skoda badges (old ones were faulty?) and updated the ECU under warranty all without me asking!

I was quite impressed. New badges look the same as old ones but a little shinier.

Edited by sww

It's pretty rare these days for a garage to exceed expectations. They certainly have In this case.

I always go to the main dealers with a very similar attitude to when I visit the dentist. I am expecting to be in discomfort and leave spending much more than I wanted to and always have to return for an unforseen problem to be rectified.

I have yet to be wrong!!

These guys did the timing belt on my Superb Mk1 about a year back - about £70 cheaper than my local dealer. Excellent, friendly service - a very bright, highly personable young lady was in charge at reception and made sure my visit went smoothly - a courtesy car was waiting for me as promised, my car was ready when they said it would be and they had cleaned it inside and out to boot. Highly recommended outfit.

I always go to the main dealers with a very similar attitude to when I visit the dentist. I am expecting to be in discomfort and leave spending much more than I wanted to and always have to return for an unforseen problem to be rectified.

From my experience it's far way easier to find a decent dentist than to find a good car mechanic :giggle: