L&K 3-spoke wheel & MDI

I'm currently negotiating with a dealer with a view to buying their L&K 170DSG estate that is in the showroom, but have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with...

Basically, when they ordered it they forgot to spec the MDI & 3-spoke wheel. The dealer is telling me that they can call in an auto-electricain to install a dealer-fit MDI in the glove compartment. However, I would ideally like it in the armrest, as per the factory fit. Has anyone out there retro-fitted MDI and, if so, does anyone know how much harder it would be to install it in the armrest that the glove compartment? I would have thought it would simply be a case of undoing a few screws and running the cable along the transmission tunnel, but the chap I spoke with seemed to think it was a bit of a mission to install in the armrest and not really a viable option. Any thoughts please?

Also, the car currently has the 4-spoke steering wheel, and I would like a 3-spoke flappy-paddle one instead. He's going to investigate the cost of changing it over but, reading other posts on here, I'm wondering whether it would be cheaper to get someone like Shark to do the job? My worry here is that the L&K 4-spoke wheel is brown rather than the more usual black. Does anyone know what colour the factory upgrade 3-spoke wheel in an L&K would be? I read somewhere that if you buy a 3-spoke wheel you re-use the airbag module from the 4-spoke. Is it just the module that you re-use or the 'bag cover as well? If it's the cover then I would need to get a brown wheel from somewhere however, if the new wheel comes with a new cover, then potentially I could get a black wheel rather than brown. I can't see this looking out of place as the bottom half of the dashboard is black plastic anyway, what do you all think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

Thanks for the reply digidoctor.

Any idea why there is no 3-spoke for the L&K? If it's just because they want the car to have a brown wheel, surely there's nothing to stop me from having a 3-spoke all black wheel fitted aftermarket? I take it that the standard 170dsg can have a 3-spoke fitted?

Why should there be any reason but money? Skoda even saved the money for the button inserts in brown. The only reason why everything is brown is because the true color for the L&K was already occupied - Ivory!