the gamble thats paid off :)

Due to failing standard suspension failing front struts and rear shockers were leaking and the skoda being due for an mot ive been looking at replacing the struts and shocks and found this was quite expensive ...

At the weekend while i was at gti international i came across a guy selling JOM COILOVERS after a good look at them and asking the guy many questions he pointed to his vw sirocco which had them fitted from new the car was 2.5 years old and he then explained how the ride really wasent that bad

So i parted with £160 as it worked out cheaper than the standard set up

Today i fitted them with complete ease everything all lined up really couldn't fault them i set them to lower the car 45mm put the wheels back on and went for a drive....

the JOMS feel just the same as my dads galaxy ( vw sharan ) with a 50mm drop on eibach springs so overall not a bad ride really impressed :)

pics ... excuse the wheels as they do need a refurb and im in the market for a vrs front bumper if anyone knows of one :)

428459_10151886829910604_223555788_n.jpg

539797_10151886834925604_2002140442_n.jpg

311559_10151886827125604_60999039_n.jpg

from a new style scirocco?

i doubt they are gonna be weighted or correct for a diesel octy.

looks quite good, if not a little low (from a practicality point of view)

vrs front bumper wont line up below the headlights at all, either leaves a huge gap, or needs plenty of fab work to build it up to suit. i have a pre-facelift octy aswel, n thats my dilemma right now :(

vrs front bumper wont line up below the headlights at all, either leaves a huge gap, or needs plenty of fab work to build it up to suit. i have a pre-facelift octy aswel, n thats my dilemma right now :(

would be easier to use your bumper and fabricate a mouth like the vrs, to fit.

from a new style scirocco?

i doubt they are gonna be weighted or correct for a diesel octy.

looks quite good, if not a little low (from a practicality point of view)

jom do a kit for most german cars have a look on ebay they have a compatibility test i had a look before parting with the money :)

personally its a mix of practicality and looks i do 200-300 miles a week to work and back i hardly carry any weight however i did get 4 people in and went for a 10 mile drive no catching or rubbing :)

would be easier to use your bumper and fabricate a mouth like the vrs, to fit.

theres no way you could fabricate anything on a standard bumper to replicate the shape of the vrs item, the standard bumper falls away, whereas the vrs item is fairly flat fronted. iv already open mouthed as much of a prefacelift bumper as poss on mine, but u cant remove the numberplate platform in the process as its wider than the mouth below, and raised significantly

id say to make a vrs bumper fit a prefacelift properly, whilst reaining the standard headlights, would be to mate the top section of the standard bumper to the vrs bumper where the plastic trim section starts. big work, but much less than trying to essentially fabricate an entire bumper from a standard pre-facelift item lol

jom do a kit for most german cars have a look on ebay they have a compatibility test i had a look before parting with the money :)

personally its a mix of practicality and looks i do 200-300 miles a week to work and back i hardly carry any weight however i did get 4 people in and went for a 10 mile drive no catching or rubbing :)

so is it a mk3 scirocco, cant be off a mk2 as they are way lighter than a mk1 octavia estate.

if they were on a a mk3 scirocco (circa 2008 onwards) they are not even from the same generation as the mk1 octavia.

theres no way you could fabricate anything on a standard bumper to replicate the shape of the vrs item, the standard bumper falls away, whereas the vrs item is fairly flat fronted. iv already open mouthed as much of a prefacelift bumper as poss on mine, but u cant remove the numberplate platform in the process as its wider than the mouth below, and raised significantly

id say to make a vrs bumper fit a prefacelift properly, whilst reaining the standard headlights, would be to mate the top section of the standard bumper to the vrs bumper where the plastic trim section starts. big work, but much less than trying to essentially fabricate an entire bumper from a standard pre-facelift item lol

if you can fit a koenigsegg engine in a granada mk2, then you can fabricate a new bumper from your existing one.

no one said it would be easy;>

i dont think his coilovers are off a scirocco at all, the way im reading it is the guy selling the jom coilovers just got him to look at the gear on his scirocco as an example? and then he bought a kit for the octavia based on being impressed with the quality of the kit he saw?

i dont think his coilovers are off a scirocco at all, the way im reading it is the guy selling the jom coilovers just got him to look at the gear on his scirocco as an example? and then he bought a kit for the octavia based on being impressed with the quality of the kit he saw?

that would make sense!

if you can fit a koenigsegg engine in a granada mk2, then you can fabricate a new bumper from your existing one.

no one said it would be easy;>

ok, so its not impossible to fabricate it that way, but the common sense way would be to simply modify the vrs item to fit the headlight shape of the pre-facelift car, rather than take on the task of building an entire bumper to look like the vrs item lol. neither way is easy, its just the way im suggesting actually makes sense ;)

and as a ford boy, im more than aware n impressed with that mk2 granny build, but if i had fabrication skills and a budget like that, i doubt i wud be messing around with an early mk1 octavia lol

common sense would dictate you just buy a vrs or a facelift model to start with, its all too much work otherwise;>

that granada is just epic!

if we all just bought a vrs, the world would be a pretty bland place. plus then i wouldnt get 60mpg. and i would have spent more on lamin-x as my smaller pre facelift headlights needed less film to tint them. so its swings and roundabouts lol.

i do bodywork for a living, so making the vrs bumper fit right isnt such a cost for me, but for somebody who doesnt, its a fair old task or a fair old wedge of cash to throw at somebody who does sadly.

I agree plus insurance is much cheaper than a vrs as i am only 23 :) on sunday driving back from gti international 50 mile ish trip i was averaging 72 mpg at 65mph with the car loaded up with the tent and all the camping gear oh and the missus ....

back to the front bumper .... could i not just fit facelift headlights ?

from what iv gathered from comparing parts off a crashed vrs, u wud need a lot more than just the headlights for the facelift, not to mention the mounting for the headlight and the electrics seemed different to me, altho i was looking thru a rather bent front panel lol

the wings even list as a different part number, which im guessing will be down to differences in indicators and headlights. then theres the grille, which is also different.

the way iv figured it, is its going to be cheaper n easier to modify the bumper to fit the hardware, rather than vice versa. make the bumper meet the headlights, and modify a couple of brackets, and it shud fit fine that way

Ahh that puts a few of my ideas to bed ive not fully looked at a vrs and compared them to a standard i am however reading you post and looking at my bumper tempted to cut out the big grille in the centre of my bumper and replace it with honey comb then replace the sides to match then paint the bottom of the bumper white keeping the bump strip black possibly then the same for the rear bumper then tidy a few small dinks/ marks up refurb the wheels to a gloss black finnish .... ill do all the prep work myself though then get the paintwork done by a friend :)