Rapid - first drives!

A Yeti doesn't have a 7 year warranty for a start, it has a titchy boot too!

I looked at the Sportage when I was changing my previous Yeti. Whilst the warrenty was good the drive was dull compared to the Yeti. The boot wasn't massive

either and was less versitile as the seats don't fold completly flat. The other killer was the price to change.

Edited by Photoemt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They'd have to put another steering wheel control on it before I'd buy one - it looks unbalanced and would annoy the ** out of me. I didn't like it in the Fabia either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I went to collect my Superb which was being serviced today, I had a look at a Rapid.

It looked quite attractive; a bit like a more modern Octavia II, but with a more utilitarian interior.

In particular, I approve of the front door pockets which accept a standard sized wine bottle (feature from Octy II), as well as the speedo graduated at 10mph, rather than 20mph increments (present on Octy II but dropped on the Octy II FL).

The car I viewed also had front sports seats with intergral, rather than adjustible headrestraints.

I still think my next car will be a Octy III Estate, ideally with the 150Ps Tdi engine.

Edited by veloplus

Picked up a brochure today, some nice colours. The blue one needs a red and green badge, a rear spoiler and some decent alloys, together with some nice seats, and a lot more poke.

Edited by Paul007

Looks like Skoda have another solid all round workhorse, keeping in line with all the other cars in the range.

Its not a sporty BMW, nor is it a comfort Merc.

Workhorse.....sums it up for me!

I was in Doncaster yesterday and decided to pop into Hayselden's Skoda to see the Rapid in the flesh.

They had a blue one with the uprated alloys and sports seats - to be fair it looked ok and the interior plastics and materials seemed acceptable, with the exception of the feel of the steering wheel; quite a harsh or abrasive feel.

I'd have a problem with the seats too - the material gave the impression it was thin and not very hard wearing and those fixed headrests would bug me to death as they lean forward too much - just a personal thing I guess.

Would I buy one? No, because of the current prices and engine range. The dealer also confirmed the true hatch version would be coming in around 12 months time, so I'd have to wait and see that. The Octy 3 will also be available from March and I can see they didn't want to build the Rapid to affect sales of that.