woofer recommendations

just had a full alpine system (my aftermarket headunit went bang, so i decided to do the whole system and bin the cd-changer)

- headunit,

- 4x45W amplifier [link] (ktp-445),

- 2x type-g spg-17cs [link] - 70w rms,

- 2x type-g spg-13cs [link] - 65w rms

i'm looking for a sub right now, probably wanting to stick to alpine. anyone had experience with alpine subwoofers ?

there's a [link] sbg kit, that i can sort fairly cheap. (250w rms woofer and 200w amp).

any other recommendations out there ? (different sub and amp specs ?)

i havent had much experience with alpine's woofers but if you our happy with the alpine speakers the woofer wont be far off being brillant. but it depends on what you our after something that vibrates the car with quality but then when you dont want that can turn that down and still have good bass then i would recommend jl audio. even there cheaper woofer/s our extremely good can handle alot aslong as you dont go crazy like i did (cough cough!!) but otherwise alpine our good

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/13718.html this kit would be better and according to another site i found the alpine with that amp and wiring kit comes to 220pounds which to me doesnt sound worth it. the only thing i will say with the link is it comes with a 10 gauge kit i personally upgrade to 8-4 gauge if funds allow as the 10 gauge to me wont give enough power such as a kit like this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1577.html

Edited by vrs 180t

am satisfied with the alpine kit so far. i'm after quality and precision without having to murder my wallet

the alpine kit becomes attractive as i can sort it for a little under 175 pounds. plus, the only reviews i could find on this kit were positive...

nevertheless, the jl kit you suggested is pretty interesting

the alpine kit is a very good starter but after a while you realise that hmm i should of spent that little bit extra. in terms of jl i started off with a set of there wx woofers 200watts each on a 500watt amp which with the bass controller i went a little too much and popped one so i upgraded to the linked woofer minus the jbl amp and 10 gauge kit and even on half the bass is nice and controlled and aint going to make your ears bleed but depends on what you find loud and what you dont. but now i have the w3 and its just mad !! i cant recommend jl enough expensive yes but worth every penny!!

+1 for JL gear bud ,unless you wana 100% stay with alpine like stated, aplone id alway go Rtype but i turnt my back on euro etc years ago as the yanks have nailed it

Jl audio subs walk jump sing dance and walk some more over the euro asia brands

But again.... Its all on budgets and pref and by no means is alpine poop :)

Pop a r type 15 if they still do it :D

That all said.... Its not just the sub, its all on sub and amp combos

Whats yous budget bud

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

+1 to Lloyd 55 there i always find if u get the right combo the sub and amp work very well together as im not sure about a jl and jbl as jl is just awesome but jbl hmm not soo sure thats y i would pay that extra and get a jl sub and amp combo with a good amp wiring kit as i know jl demands good wiring kit if your budget can reach to 250+ u could get a jl audio w0 with a jl audio amp with wiring kit for 259.99 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/13719.html but its entirely upto u za-killer its what u can afford

I am a massive Vibe fan. Made strong and have a really nice sound. I have dealt with...

Pioneer, The loudest, Alpine and fusion speakers and the vibe have performed the best out of all of them so far.

I bought all my vibe stuff from there sister company as reconditioned and I have payed less then £150 for everything sek60's, qb69's, vibe 1300 black death and a3 amp.

I am a massive Vibe fan. Made strong and have a really nice sound. I have dealt with...

i was never a fan of vibe till i heard them at the modified nationals and do love vibe now for the money they r very good there top woofer's r just beyond mental.

i was never a fan of vibe till i heard them at the modified nationals and do love vibe now for the money they r very good there top woofer's r just beyond mental.

Exactly! Edge and Fli are ****e but you can't beat a british made Vibe speaker

Exactly! Edge and Fli are ****e but you can't beat a british made Vibe speaker

+1 went threw a phase of thinking i could cut corners and got some fly speakers for my 1st car and thinking yeah they r very good only to find out they were not as good as i thought compared to say vibe, alpine, jl audio and hertz. i will admit the fly's were better then the standard but only by a very tiny amount. the clarity was very tinney and had to go to silly volumes bearing in mind this was on a alpine headunit and i fiddled with so many settings just to get the sound right and no matter what i did it made very little differene.

been browsing the interwebs and looked at some interesting jl kits. problem is, i'm located in eastern europe (romania), so the shipping costs blow my budget...

i'm flexible with the budget, but i would like to stop somewhere around 250 :D

on a side note, the CP112-W0v2 alone starts at 260+ euros in austria...

I had a 10w0v2 in the mrs furbie vrs and wasnt pretty impressed for entry level subs

If u wanted jl but not their price then ebay is your friend as secondhand audio isnt worth a ....

My new ocd costs me a fortune :(

But..... For 1 theres 13w3v3s up for grabs in for sale section bud and they are beasts snd i stand as far theres nothing in the alpine range that will come near, even the 15 inch type r wouldnt match it, as euro asian just dont have the xmax bud,

JL subs really move, the 13w7 moves 32mm each way iirc but mega bucks

Grab one them 13w3s for i beleve a ton and try catch a 500/1 amp on fleabay as the slash amps are awesome , or if a gmax pops up that will do it and go for less, i gave mine away for £150

And was SPANKING NEW

Im unsure wont load the w3s r for sale but feel free to pm bud for any help :D

thanks for all the great input. nevertheless i've managed to sort a MBQuart kit (300W RMS, 12", quality over power) on a epic budget :rock:

did the install myself. pulled the cd-changer out and made a custom plate to fit the amp.

pic of the finished install:

[excuse the messy boot (crap phone pic makes it look even worse) and the cheap looking RCA kit (a temporary extension, as my 5m kit ran short, plus, it's in fact double shielded and gold plated)]

040720121603.jpg

za_killer looks like a good bit of kit there i belive mb quarts is part of the likes of audioson and hertz etc but aslong as you our happy :rock:

gee-man i bet that shakes the car alot you have got to love kicker for there outragerous bass. i wanted a kicker set ever since i heard what i belive was a smart car with two 15's and omg!! got my head out the car and couldnt hear anything for a good 5mins or so :o!!

L7s lloydy boi.. running off a big V12 Alpine amp. was alright. Thats the whole idea of me getting an estate coz the bora i run out of room for wife kids and bass... vRS is gonna get some HCCA bizzle when i get the money. I got a 4000 watt RMS (8k peak) sound off amp to run it. thing creates thunder even on 1 kicker i have now! :)

I got a 4000 watt RMS (8k peak) sound off amp to run it. thing creates thunder even on 1 kicker i have now! :)

i bet it does that was my idea when i looked at an estate vrs but just wasnt sure if i would get on with an estate but kind of wished i had now. but hatchback just as good just have to watch the glass when i go with the next setup as great as my jl w3 was i have now managed to wreck it. i let it bottom out without knowing it was doing it in the first place :(. but with next setup will be done all correctly and setup by someone who knows what they our doing !!