Its landed!

Ok, after the incorrect car being ordered, then having to wait whilst the replacement was ordered, plus a host of other things going pear shaped over the last few months, my new car finally arrived at the dealer this morning, the dealer texted me to say it was there, so I popped over to have a look, its awesome, I have had the new black alcantara sports interior put in, and I must say I was worried as I am not one for having something that is different from full standard spec, and it looks fantastic, dealer said it was the first one with that interior they had in and they were all very impressed with, it lifts the car to another level in my view and I was worried about the new black carbon effect trims and to be honest with teh black seats it just looks great, anyway, didnt get any pics as the weather was awful so just grabbed this shot of the car awaiting PDI in the morning, all being well should collect either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning, they are installing my Columbus as well as coding it etc so shoudl finish it off nicely.

Full set of pics etc to come once I have collected it, lets hope Thursday or Friday is nice and dry so I can give the car a full Gtechniq treatment!!!

1-27.jpg

• Like 1

Check your insurance first....IMHO ;)

Why? This is the most pointless mod to declare to the insurance IMHO. Do you have to tell them if you fit vanstyle blinds instead of tints?

Nice car by the way but as above, its missing the hub caps :giggle:

Ok, after the incorrect car being ordered, then having to wait whilst the replacement was ordered, plus a host of other things going pear shaped over the last few months, my new car finally arrived at the dealer this morning, the dealer texted me to say it was there, so I popped over to have a look, its awesome, I have had the new black alcantara sports interior put in, and I must say I was worried as I am not one for having something that is different from full standard spec, and it looks fantastic, dealer said it was the first one with that interior they had in and they were all very impressed with, it lifts the car to another level in my view and I was worried about the new black carbon effect trims and to be honest with teh black seats it just looks great, anyway, didnt get any pics as the weather was awful so just grabbed this shot of the car awaiting PDI in the morning, all being well should collect either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning, they are installing my Columbus as well as coding it etc so shoudl finish it off nicely.

Full set of pics etc to come once I have collected it, lets hope Thursday or Friday is nice and dry so I can give the car a full Gtechniq treatment!!!

1-27.jpg

What is `Gtechniq Treatment`?

Looks great... Just hoping I haven't done the wrong thing by changing my order from White to Green :sweat:

Cant wait for interior pics to confirm the look of the black / carbon interior but I'm guessing it's the same as the link you posted re my post on black or silver alloy's on a white car.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/zoom.aspx?Id=602509529&CentreName=Heritage+Skoda+Yeovil&CentreTel=01935+410300

Yes its exactly the same as that, except it looks so much better in the flesh, the photos dont do it justice, odd really as I soooo wanted the green, but just as I was about to order they had a green one arrive at the dealer and I changed my mind, but theres did have silver wheels which just made it look rubbish, green with black will look fantastic! Will get some pics up this evening all being well.

Forgot to mention as well that it has Continental tyres on it this time, the last one had Dunlops on it from new, so having had Conti'sin the past I am happy with them, the Dunlops always felt a bit 'sloppy' if thats the right word?

I had dunlops on my golf, yes they were crap. Mine came with conti's when it was new too (in 2010). Are they sportcontact2's or the later sportcontact3s?

Ok, selection of pics from today.

Overall, I love it, its exactly what I wanted to achieve, a good balance between economy and performance, took it for a nice drive this evening about 60 miles, and averaged 45mpg so thats perfect, my TSI would of averaged about 32mpg on that sort of run, so a big improvement.

I love the black and red interior, looks really classy and the carbon isnt bad either, the black wheels give it a more aggresive look although will take some getting used to personally, I am planning on getting the windows tinted but SWMBO is worried it will make the interior too dark, with the dark carbon, dark seats it is a dark interior, so will the tints make it too dark?? Not sure.

I had the optional sunroof put in and I love it, its like being back in the 90's I loved my sunroof back then and have missed it, nice to be able to have some fresh air.

To be honest I am really pleased, I closed down the MPG app on my phone for the TSI today and that showed over 7000 miles an average of 24.8mpg, so I wonder what this one will be showing after 7000 miles?

Anwway, a few pics, enjoy!

The dealer didnt clean it at my request, so when I got home it had a very quick wash, just got the sticky areas sorted, two bucket wash and a QD wipedown, blacked the tyres and went over the inside, hopefully when the weather shows a couple of days decent car cleaning weather it will be all done properly!

12-9.jpg

11-13.jpg

10-13.jpg

9-14.jpg

8-16.jpg

7-15.jpg

6-17.jpg

5-23.jpg

4-24.jpg

3-24.jpg

2-26.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice interior, quite Golf GTI-esque with the red stiitching. Like you, I'm not 100% sure about the black wheels, possibly because at first glance they could be mistaken for steel wheels missing their trim. They will probably grow on you.

Overall though, a very nice car. Enjoy :rofl: .

• Like 2

I went from a TFSI to a CR but was disappointed with the performance and the mpg I achieved from the CR (~37mpg) so changed it for a TSI which I now get ~30mpg from and that's with Revo stage 1. For me diesel didn't stack up so interested to hear your thoughts having done similar.

Anyway, it looks great and I don't think the pictures will do the black wheels justice. I expect they look better in the flesh.

Looks really smart James, bet you are well chuffed after all the problems you've had.

Seats look nice, the red stiching goes well although I'm not sure about it elsewhere (but that's just my opinion)

I had a sunroof on a few cars and really miss it. I was in 2 minds whether to have a white car but I'm really pleased with it, yes it gets dirty but they come up really well.

Looking forward to a full write up on the detail (will keep an eye on DW)

I went from a TFSI to a CR but was disappointed with the performance and the mpg I achieved from the CR (~37mpg) so changed it for a TSI which I now get ~30mpg from and that's with Revo stage 1. For me diesel didn't stack up so interested to hear your thoughts having done similar.

Anyway, it looks great and I don't think the pictures will do the black wheels justice. I expect they look better in the flesh.

How did you only get 37, town driving?

Mine's done 14,000 miles now (in 5 months :o) and is hovering around 48 - but that's improving as it loosens.

Just back from a 1400 mile Euro trip including a lap of the Ring and full of tools, tyres and suitcases @ 46.7mpg...