Its landed!

Looks great - I'm going to spec the black interior on the next car like yours - looks super with the red stitching.

Any more pics showing the sunroof? It looks black - is it glass? I'm going to have one on the new car too - I've not had a sunroof on a car for many years but I miss it.

:)

How did you only get 37, town driving?

Mine's done 14,000 miles now (in 5 months :o) and is hovering around 48 - but that's improving as it loosens.

Just back from a 1400 mile Euro trip including a lap of the Ring and full of tools, tyres and suitcases @ 46.7mpg...

Drove it like I stole it. Drive my TSI the same.

I love the black and red interior, looks really classy and the carbon isnt bad either, the black wheels give it a more aggresive look although will take some getting used to personally, I am planning on getting the windows tinted but SWMBO is worried it will make the interior too dark, with the dark carbon, dark seats it is a dark interior, so will the tints make it too dark?? Not sure.

You should find you don't need to tint as darkly as you may think because the interior is already dark and the exterior will highlight / contrast any tint being white.

I have a local car audio company that I used for my last few cars (actually worked in the office above) and got quite chummy with the tinters they used. they had a collection of tints on glass panes that you could 'try' on the car to see the effect. I was going to go for 50%+ tint on my Suzuki but they recommended the lighter colour. Glad they did, it has the desired effect most of the time. Only when I am parked next to something bright or illuminated does it look a bit under tinted. Overall the rear doesn't seem that dark so I am pleased.

If you have a local tinter, see if you can try before you buy.

Why? This is the most pointless mod to declare to the insurance IMHO. Do you have to tell them if you fit vanstyle blinds instead of tints?

Why.. Coz it's a modification... I agree it shouldn't make a difference...but a lot of people have found their insurance company to rip them off for this... they'll do anything to avoid paying out nowadays!!

Gorgeous buddy, and this is exactly what im currently looking to buy :)

Are you going to keep the grille silver or go for the black look??

Undecided yet, I was quite keen on having a black grill, but now its arrived I quite like it as it is, in my opinion at the moment, the black grill might be a bit too much just at the moment, that doesnt mean to say I wont change my mind, tomorrow, next week etc....

Looks really smart James, bet you are well chuffed after all the problems you've had.

Seats look nice, the red stiching goes well although I'm not sure about it elsewhere (but that's just my opinion)

I had a sunroof on a few cars and really miss it. I was in 2 minds whether to have a white car but I'm really pleased with it, yes it gets dirty but they come up really well.

Looking forward to a full write up on the detail (will keep an eye on DW)

I love the interior, although I was concerned about the red sticthcing on the gear selector and steering wheel, and it just works, it looks exactly how it should, just enough red to lift the interior from being too dark with all that dark grey, but not overkill to make it look chavvy!

Looks great - I'm going to spec the black interior on the next car like yours - looks super with the red stitching.

Any more pics showing the sunroof? It looks black - is it glass? I'm going to have one on the new car too - I've not had a sunroof on a car for many years but I miss it.

:)

Yes I took a couple of photos of the sunroof for you earlier, will post them on this thread in a bit, it is a small roof but its great, nice to have some fresh air without having the window down, it makes me realise how much I missed them as I havent had them on a car for about 10 years now!

You should find you don't need to tint as darkly as you may think because the interior is already dark and the exterior will highlight / contrast any tint being white.

I have a local car audio company that I used for my last few cars (actually worked in the office above) and got quite chummy with the tinters they used. they had a collection of tints on glass panes that you could 'try' on the car to see the effect. I was going to go for 50%+ tint on my Suzuki but they recommended the lighter colour. Glad they did, it has the desired effect most of the time. Only when I am parked next to something bright or illuminated does it look a bit under tinted. Overall the rear doesn't seem that dark so I am pleased.

If you have a local tinter, see if you can try before you buy.

Like the black grill, I am really undecided now on the tints, if I do tint it wont be by much, so I think I will live with it for a few weeks and see how I get on, I had all these plans before it arrived and now I am undecided on them all!!!

I love the black alcantara seats compared to the white ones, however I am a bit different I still prefer the silver inserts instead of the black ones.

Think it may be the pictures, but I think the black wheels from a distance look like you have lost your wheel trims off of steel wheels !

I love picking up a brand new car :^)

So had a couple of hours spare today so done a few bits on the vRS.

Change the orange indicator bulbs all round for the silvertec style ones.

Change headlight bulbs to brighter style ones.

Mud flaps put on all round.

I like metal number plates, so mount the new ones on the car.

Pics.

18-7.jpg

17-7.jpg

16-6.jpg

15-7.jpg

And a couple of pics of the sunroof as one of the posters on here wanted a couple of pics of it, hope these help.

14-8.jpg

13-10.jpg

You can see that its not the biggest of roofs, but it does help with making the cabin slightly lighter, especially when its open.

• Like 2

I love the black alcantara seats compared to the white ones, however I am a bit different I still prefer the silver inserts instead of the black ones.

Think it may be the pictures, but I think the black wheels from a distance look like you have lost your wheel trims off of steel wheels !

I love picking up a brand new car :^)

Yes I was undecided on the black dash inserts, even looking on the demo in the dealer I was a bit undecided on them and was even considering getting the old style silver inserts to brighten it up, but they are quite nice, I wouldnt say my favourite part of the car but its certainly not offensive, as for the stolen wheel trims, they dont that bad close up, and certainly not like a taxi, they are quite glossy but they are going to need the tyres permanantly dressed otherwise they will look crap I am sure!

Only just seen thread, looking well smart James congratulations HTD. Number plates are fantastic it is great to see someone who wants pressed metal ones but does them by the letter of the law well done sir, looks far better. Just make sure they are not too tight to paint on front bumper as if they shimmy with air flow or a power washer can give a good battering to the surface it touches. Good God even the screw caps on plates are blue,white and yellow all in the right places SPOT ON! (I appreciate the little touches like that) :ninja:

Do you have a link to the indicator bulbs please as I have been meaning to do these too?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Silver-BAU15S-581-21W-Amber-Indicator-bulbs-/200765332301?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebe8bdb4d

Try that link, £3.74 all in, cant argue with that, and a simple job to do as well, never changed bulbs on the front of the Octavia before, one nylon nut, a clip and a pull, out 30 seconds to take the unit out!

Only just seen thread, looking well smart James congratulations HTD. Number plates are fantastic it is great to see someone who wants pressed metal ones but does them by the letter of the law well done sir, looks far better. Just make sure they are not too tight to paint on front bumper as if they shimmy with air flow or a power washer can give a good battering to the surface it touches. Good God even the screw caps on plates are blue,white and yellow all in the right places SPOT ON! (I appreciate the little touches like that) :ninja:

Yes, I am not going to have illegal plates on my car, got to be done right, I always buy the metal plates, just like th look of them, and to be honest I was lucky with the screw cap covers as when they put the plastic ones on yesterday I just drilled the plates in the same place so new I had screw caps to marry up, when I put metal plates on I put a few very small sticky back pads about 1cm round in each corner of the pate so it saves any problems with rubbing the paint and rattles as well :-)

Thanks for the comments :-)

I've got the same sunroof in my Scout. Yes it is small by today's standards, but it still makes the cabin airy and light, and when it's really miserable weather, you can pull the blind across and it's all very cosy in the cabin. Have you spotted the trick of getting the sunroof open past the half-way point? A few people on here have sunroofs that they had never fully opened because the opening mechanism is a bit cryptic. Twist it one way and the roof opens in tilt mode. Twist it the other way to the point you feel resistance and it will slide open half way. Twist it further, beyond the point of resistance, and it will slide fully open. Only problem with it fully open is that you get a bit of air pressure rumble in the car unless you open a rear window slightly.

Yes it just adds some light and fresh air, yes I remember that trick from many years ago on a VW, makes all the difference, but as you say go all the way back and you get air rumble, maybe thats why it is designed to only go just over half way back on the auto mode?

Why.. Coz it's a modification... I agree it shouldn't make a difference...but a lot of people have found their insurance company to rip them off for this... they'll do anything to avoid paying out nowadays!!

They are obliged by law to pay out even if you didn't declare this type of modifictaion. It really is a load of b*****s, ask any half awake lawyer.

• Like 1

Very nice motor -- well worth the wait. You would never have been happy with the dealer just swapping the interiors.

Congratulations on one stunning looking car. Enjoy her!

Mike

There was no way I would of accepted them swapping the interior, it had to be a new order :-)

Like me you've gone for the older squared off mudflaps (more protection in my eyes), I presume that you got the usual "they don't fit" or "they don't do them for the vRS" from the dealer just as I did from my supplying dealer so, I went to my next nearest dealer where the parts guy was super helpful and repeated what I'd read on here about standing them in a bucket of warm water prior to fitting to make them more maleable so as to get a better fit, bought the flaps and fit them myself in less than an hour.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebe8bdb4d

Try that link, £3.74 all in, cant argue with that, and a simple job to do as well, never changed bulbs on the front of the Octavia before, one nylon nut, a clip and a pull, out 30 seconds to take the unit out!

Yes, I am not going to have illegal plates on my car, got to be done right, I always buy the metal plates, just like th look of them, and to be honest I was lucky with the screw cap covers as when they put the plastic ones on yesterday I just drilled the plates in the same place so new I had screw caps to marry up, when I put metal plates on I put a few very small sticky back pads about 1cm round in each corner of the pate so it saves any problems with rubbing the paint and rattles as well :-)

Thanks for the comments :-)

The indicator bulbs the same front and rear?. Also, I have had a set of these before where the light was really dim due to the coating. Are these ones any good?.

Mine arrives Monday for a Thursday pick up (work getting in the way). Getting excited now!.

Like me you've gone for the older squared off mudflaps (more protection in my eyes), I presume that you got the usual "they don't fit" or "they don't do them for the vRS" from the dealer just as I did from my supplying dealer so, I went to my next nearest dealer where the parts guy was super helpful and repeated what I'd read on here about standing them in a bucket of warm water prior to fitting to make them more maleable so as to get a better fit, bought the flaps and fit them myself in less than an hour.

After all the hassle I had getting this car due to a lot of nonsense from my dealer, I stripped any bits I could of my old TSI, shame really as usually when my cars go they go as I had collected them, so these mud flaps are from my 11 plate TSI, yes they are the squarer ones and they do a job of sorts, not really too effective but I like the look, I took them off my old one and cleaned them up and put on the new one, the fronts obviously were easy, the rear ones are just awkward but go on OK in the end, but yes you are right the dealer when I got them last year was 'oh they wont fit etc etc' I just said just get me them, I will fit them myself, nice touch on the car though I feel.

Thanks for posting the roof pics :)

No problem mate, any other pics you need let me know and I will get them if I remember :-)

The indicator bulbs the same front and rear?. Also, I have had a set of these before where the light was really dim due to the coating. Are these ones any good?.

Mine arrives Monday for a Thursday pick up (work getting in the way). Getting excited now!.

Same bulbs front and rear, 581 offset pin I think from memory? These ones seem fine, they flash orange and when looking at them through the lenses they are definately orange so should be fine, although I carry the original orange ones in the car just in case, although I personally see no reason to be worried by them, get them, they will look ace!

Make sure you go in on Monday then to check the car, good luck, must be getting excited, and with the extra £500 deposit paid scheme now they are even better value! Who cares that they are on the last 12 months of the model before the new model comes out, the VRS isnt out til 3 months later anyway so by then mine will be about 18 months old and will be getting itchy feel to change it!!!