DRL Fogs ( LED Running Lights )

Hi Guys

Has anyone else suffered with the glass just cracking with out impact damage on your LED Running lights ?

I've have one with a stone impact and its clear to see its a stone attack but ive got my second one (off side) light with just a crack down the center, which to me looks like heat damage but im no expert.

Wanted to see if anyone else has had the same before i take it back to the dealer

Thanks

Rob

Twice its happened to me had to buy new drl, 1st time at £60 and now just cant be arsed replacing 2nd, bad design i think cant afford paying that every time any1 know if you can buy the cover itself???

Those LED's aren't what you call hot, and the heat that comes from them goes through the housing and not through the air.

If the glass has cracked from the heat, then something is seriously wrong ;)!

Oh, and I've replaced one due to a small stone...

• 2 months later...

Just spotted one of mine is cracked - and its not even 3 months old! I have done nearly 10,000 miles in it though...

@£60 a pop, it can stay that way unless its a legal issue??? Is there any possible problems (UK) as its a DRL and not an actual headlight? I can see some "clear tint" film being used if they go that often (and we're not even into gritting season yet :devil:)

Edited by philhoward

Cant buy glass by its self well i couldnt from my dealer.

Its for the whole unit

I think its the same glass as a fog but cant be sure as fogs are cheaper to buy.

Its prob the best idea to wrap with a film i wish i had and ive had to break :(