GTechniq G1 Glass Sealer

Coops

After reading of james_19742000's new vRS having had a plethora of GTechniq applied to it, got me thinking about my windscreen.

Previously I have sworn by Aquapel but after seeing G1 in action on the other half's Mini Cooper, I'm going to G1 the Superb windscreen and side screens.

The current coating of Aquapel is about dead, it has been on the Superb since day 2 but the beading is about gone. Can I apply the G1 straight over the top (in line with their instructions) or do I need to fully strip the Aquapel off first??? Hopefully the former!

I already have the G1 kit so am not going to revert to another product.

Thanks

If you have the Gtechniq kit then you need to use the G4 polish first. This will strip all previous remnants of products off your glass. This is essential for the G1 to bond fully with your glass.

There is a good application video on the Gtechniq website. Follow it to the letter and you won't go far wrong. G1 is a great product; I got some for xmas and over 6 months later it is still beading water like the day it was applied :thumbup:

Can get it on cleanyourcar website. Roughly a tenner I think, but it goes a long way despite being a tiny bottle. I am going to get some as soon as my current aquapel fades too. Still doing OK at the moment. I plan to use a very hot wash on my screen, before using autoglym glass cutter/polish. As said above, you want the perfectly clean surface for the new layer to bond to. :thumbup:

Mine came as a xmas pressie but I know CYC do the kit (polish and sealant) for £17. Gtechniq have their own shop as well which is about the same price.

If you get the kit then that is all you need. Gtechniq reckon a full application of G1 lasts for 30k miles or 2 years.

As OBB says, prep is the key with Gtech stuff, get it wrong and it just wont do what its supposed to do, but yes the windscreen stuff is good, personally I just found it a faff layering it all up, buffing etc, unless the procedure has changed, but I am a Gtech convert, enjoy :-)