Rear screen wash squirting jelly?!

Got a bizarre problem. Whenever I wash the rear windscreen a kind of gloopy jelly type substance comes out of the jet rather than screenwash. The front and headlight washers seem to be ok, but not the back. Anyone got any ideas? Didn't know whether to just run thought a load of water to see if that would clear it?

I would say that would be a good start. If you take the cover off you can also remove the inner cover. This has the same diameter as the pipe, so should help flushing. Anything 10 feet behind will get wet though......such is the pressure the water is under. ;)

Yes empty the stuff thats in and refill with Baby Bottle cleaner like Milton or maybe ask for some Pipe Cleaner at your local pub,and try to flush the pipes through, then straight water before filling with Summer/Winter windsreen wash.

You must of mixed something that reacted to what was in or some kind of bacteria like the slime build up you can get in Showers

etc.

george

Thanks guys. I dunno what they put it in from the garage as the only screen wash we've ever used is Halfords ready mix. I guess we've just not really used the screenwash that much as it's been raining so much, so nature's done the job!

one of my jobs as an apprentice car mechanic was to unclog washer jets and pipework,most commonly caused by people putting washing up liquid and water in the screenwash bottle :wonder:

i would soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and blast and airline down the pipe