Which? Car reliability Survey 2012

Clyde M

In the SUV/4x4 category the 2012 Which? Car Reliability Survey reveals what we probably already know. Quote:

"Petrol Skoda Yetis is most reliable car of 2012

Shock horror! The most reliable of all cars in 2012, according to our survey, is a 4x4 – historically one of the least reliable car classes of them all.

The model taking the glory is Skoda’s petrol-powered Yeti, the flexible SUV. All the owners who gave feedback in our survey said they hadn’t suffered a single breakdown in the previous 12 months, and the annual repair bill averaged just £6 a year. All this culminates in a mighty 98% reliability rating.

The diesel Yeti scored a slightly less impressive 93%, due to a few reported cooling-system faults."

The diesel Yeti scored a slightly less impressive 93%, due to a few reported cooling-system faults."

I've noticed mine is 'fizzing' inside the car when it is stopped - like a bottle of pepsi max with the lid not quite done up. The car is in the dealer tomorrow, so I'll get them to check it out.

In the SUV/4x4 category the 2012 Which? Car Reliability Survey reveals what we probably already know. Quote:

"Petrol Skoda Yetis is most reliable car of 2012

Shock horror! The most reliable of all cars in 2012, according to our survey, is a 4x4 – historically one of the least reliable car classes of them all.

The model taking the glory is Skoda’s petrol-powered Yeti, the flexible SUV. All the owners who gave feedback in our survey said they hadn’t suffered a single breakdown in the previous 12 months, and the annual repair bill averaged just £6 a year. All this culminates in a mighty 98% reliability rating.

Great news - and, as you say, we KNOW that!!

Long live the Yeti and it's winning ways, say I.

• 4 weeks later...

I've not had a breakdown in my petrol Yeti, but I've had a new turbo, headlight problem rectified, replacement heated driver's seat base and it's in tomorrow as the sunroof stuck open last week....

So not left me stranded, but hardly a shining example of reliability.

Do Skoda do extended warranties ? If so, any ideas how much ?