Did you get any more discount than the free vat offer ?

@Phil P: When we were looking at new Superb estates our local dealer said they couldn't give any discount off the list price for a diesel elegance and offered us a petrol car instead. Needless to say we walked away and bought elsewhere.

Thanks for that. Were you able to secure any discount elsewhere?Online vendors (DtD, autoebid) show healthy discounts so I'd be wanting a dealer to at least make an effort to get near to those prices to secure my custom. I see the 0% 2 year finance is also no longer available on the diesel estates :-(

In the end we bought a nine-month-old 'approved used' one, which was a lot cheaper, at another dealer. We got a better trade in value for our A4 though so maybe it was that particular dealer.

First dealer rang us a few days later to see if there was anything they could do, but by then it was too late, they'd missed their chance to sell us a new car.