Possible to retrofit cruise control in a Classic

I'm looking to buy another Octavia. I'm looking at a 1.9 Tdi Pd.....probably DSG.

There are not alot for sale in my area at the moment, so I'm thinking of extending my search to include..........wait for it........Classic trim!

I'm fully aware of the lack of extras on the classic...I have now got over the shock of finding out there is no Remote Locking on the Classic!

However I know you can normally retrofit cruise control to VAG cars quite easily, but I'm not sure on the Classic as there are no audio remote buttons on the wheel....which means it might not have the necessary modules/wiring available to retrofit cruise control.

So does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit cruise on a post 2006 Classic model?

You are probably better off spending the £100 or so on travelling further afield to find a higher spec than getting a classic and retro fitting cruise.

I don't I think could cope without the extras nowadays. Just my opinion though.

You are probably better off spending the £100 or so on travelling further afield to find a higher spec than getting a classic and retro fitting cruise.

I don't I think could cope without the extras nowadays. Just my opinion though.

As an owner of a L & K already, I know what you mean. I was hoping it was just a case of replacing the stalk and activating cruise in VCDS on the classic......looks like it's more involved, and more expensive than that.

Of course I'm searching at probably the worst time of the year....(summer hols etc) I'm in no desperate rush, so hopefully as we get toward September and the new Reg, the market will suddenly be flooded with good traded in Octavias....in Elegance trim!