Toodle pip - off for a long drive!

Yeti_Man

Well, the car is all packed up and ready for it's 5,500 mile journey. Every time I head off for decent trip in this car I'm reminded just how flexible and well thought out the interior design is. This time I'm heading off having taken out the centre rear seat as well as one of the outer ones. The boot has the nets in place and will also have it's contents ratchet strapped in place, as will the suitcase and 65 litre rucksack sat where the removed outer seat should be. The anchor point/loop at the base of the b-pillar is simply genius for helping out here!

Beti should get plenty of foreign tarmac beneath her tyres between tomorrow and early September. By then she'll have travelled through France, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Monte*****, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, back through Germany and France to Calais! The basic idea is minimal use of the motorways, sticking more to the scenic routes (mountains, coastal roads and national parks being favoured) stopping off at a new campsite most nights. Once into Italy we have a couple of places booked to provide a longer, more relaxing stay; seven nights on the Venetian coastline and then seven nights in the heart of Tuscany. Then back to blighty after a four day stay with friends in the Black Forest, Germany.

Wish me luck!! :-)

• Like 1

Sounds an awesome trip - I'm jealous. Hope it goes brilliantly and looking forward to the pictures.

Hope you have a great adventure, and that you will report in when you return, along with loads of photos, (and a few with Beti in, to keep us on topic, lol!).

You lucky things you!!!

Have a fabulous time and come back to regale us with lots of pics. Watch out for those Continentals who, I'm told, often drive on the wrong side of the road!!

Bon voyage...

I tried practising that between Bala and Knockin. It was bloody dangerous...

I'm guessing you've already left, but echo the above.

Safe trip and I look forward to the tales upon your return

Watch out for those Continentals who, I'm told, often drive on the wrong side of the road!!

Hahaha! They DO?!?? :devil::giggle:

Edited by Hirundo

John, that was a bizarre thing. The odds on two people from the yeti section of the forum crossing paths in a foreign land! It is indeed a small world! Enjoy the rest of your holiday running the new car in, Lee.

Now working through Austria to Bratislava. Weather has been on the rainy side. Lovely people though, scenery stunning. Cars average mpg not exceeding 65mph has today settled at a frankly amazing 53.2 mpg! I will take photos to prove over distance!) It's a 1.8 tsi remember! Can't recall what the manufacturers figure is but I must have bettered it on this trip so far!

Now over 2000 miles in and we are into Croatia. 39 degree heat. The locals seem very friendly and helpful so far. Lots of options for camping also. Overall trip mpg has settled to 39mpg - mainly due to the up and down Croatian Coastal road covered so far. :-)

• Like 1

Enjoy the trip Lee... if I'm not mistaken you owe us pics from your PREVIOUS trip with a certain grey Kamei roof box on your Yeti...... LOL So hopefully this trip we will get pics! :giggle:

You will indeed. The only problem with being solo in the vehicle is a lack of camera shots whilst driving unfortunately. Just gone over 2500 miles whilst heading to Lake Bled, Slovenia. :-)

Over 3,000 miles now completed and into Italy. Staying in a wonderful b&b in Treviso for a break from the tent! Plan is to drive to the lakes in the North tomorrow from where my friend heads home on sunday. I then drive to Marco Polo airport in Venice to pick the family up for the full Italian tour! :-) The poor car needs a wash before that however! So far, Slovenia has been the highlight for me but Italy is still my favourite European country. :-)

• Like 2