Soon to be a new owner of SKODA SUPERB ESTATE 2.0 TDI CR 170PS ELEGANCE 4X4

Hi All

Recently had to part with my 2010 plate Jaguar Xj Portfolio due to a change in circumstances in my employment eg. I was unemployed!! so decided to for a car that had all the toys, more space that the XJ and far better value for money, it's been 10 days now since I went into the showroom and paid my deposit for my New Skoda Superb Estate 2.0Ltr 170PS Elegance 4x4 in Pearlescent Black Magic, with Ivory leather interior, only a few gadgets on board, Park assist, Woven carpets mats, Anti dimming rearview mirror, Heated windscreen, Space saver spare wheel. I was wondering was their anything else thats a must have on this car that I've not chosen? as I still have time before they start the build process to add anything ?

Also if anyone had a rough idea on how long this takes to build as the salesman was a little evasive about this as he took my £1000 deposit.... but he took the details and announced that the computer system was down and he would update it and let me know ... now 10 days later nothing...

I must confess that I am looking forward to getting my paws on the car

Regards RoDM

2 weeks ago I changed my XJ for a Superb. I was in no doubt that I wanted the `Wood Decor` and I would recommend you add that. Currently not having to pay the VAT it comes out at only £116 67. Well worth it I think. Enjoy your car when you get it. (Mine took 10 weeks from order to me driving it away.)

• Like 1

i would have the electric tailgate i have this on my estate and not the park-assist this works very well but i never used it on the the twindoor i had. its a personal thing i suppose.

but i think its great.i got the dealer to throw in the mats for free as part of the deal

bill

• Like 1

i would have the electric tailgate i have this on my estate and not the park-assist this works very well but i never used it on the the twindoor i had. its a personal thing i suppose.

but i think its great.i got the dealer to throw in the mats for free as part of the deal

bill

Hi Bill2 Yes I used to have the electric boot on my Xj and I must confess it was always a concern to me, as with the elctric boot opening button on the Jags Keyfob (Being quite large) if it was pressed inadvertently the boot opened and stayed open till you returned to the car to close it by pressing a button inside the boot. So I would admit that it's a great gimmick but not an urgent "Must Have" but the look on everyones face as you pressed the button and walked away was great...

I think I'll give this one a miss for me

Regards Rod

It's called a hand brake on the 170 4x4 as it's manual only ;)

Hi Steve

Yes well I must admit I can't see the point of having a "Hill Hold control" is fine for Automatics, also if your of the caravan faternity, but mine is a manual, I dont like the Idea of having a holiday and living in a cramped claustrophobic tin box sharing with other people, :giggle: I've been driving for 33 years and am quite abt to using the handbrake for my requirements..

:happy:

i cant understand why you would want hill hold on a automatic you can just use your left foot for the brake.it would be more useful on a manual g/box

• Like 1

i cant understand why you would want hill hold on a automatic you can just use your left foot for the brake.it would be more useful on a manual g/box

Because you should not brake with your left foot (it's dangerous) and once you braked with right one you would need to swap your feet (dangerous as well). Hill hold doesn't cost much and it's very useful feature especially for DSG gearboxes.

Because you should not brake with your left foot (it's dangerous) and once you braked with right one you would need to swap your feet (dangerous as well).

It's no more "dangerous" to apply the brake with your left foot than it is with your right, it depends on how much co-ordination you possess. If you normally and habitually press the brake pedal with either foot (as I can), or mainly with your left foot (as others I know do), "dangerous" does not apply.

Hill Hold can be useful on a DSG box, as - unlike some other types - cars fitted with one will roll back if the slope is steep enough (and applying the handbrake whilst in gear is simply not possible, as the brake pedal needs holding throughout to disengage the DSG drive when stationary). I still find it useful in more situations than not, but I could easily live without it.

In case you wonder, my Superb came with Hill Hold fitted, together with a solar sunroof, neither of which I ordered, so didn't pay for.

Ray

you are not braking with your left foot you are just stopping the car from rolling backward.there is a big difference.any driver who finds this difficult should not be in charge of a vehicle of any kind.it requires the same coordination using the clutch and throttle to pull away in your car. ie a brake pedal instead of a clutch pedal

bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

STOP PRESS

Told by the dealer in the past few weeks twice that my car was still on a build date for Week38 that was supposed to be the end of September..delivery & Collection end of October..

Just got this email sent to me 10 mins ago..

Hi Mr RoDM,

Just an update on your new car. The car has now been built and on route to port of exit. I will confirm shipping date to the UK early next week.

Regards,

J

I'm surprised to say the least as I'm not due home till middle of October so, if it clears customs and PDI checks etc. before then the missis will be getting the pleasure of using it first.. Grrrrr

Looking forward to my trip home smiles all round..

It seems so strange how they give you no communication then all of a sudden it's Oh it's built now!!!

good job I didn't want to change anything else in the biuld phase eh? :-)