Asda 5w30 is it suitable for Greenline with DPF?

I have a greenline I 1.4TDI with DPF. I have been looking at this Asda oil to use it on the next service. I know that it must conform to 507.00 to be suitable but unfortunately it does not give this information on the label. It just says that it is low ash/low saps.

What do you recommend? Is it suitable?

Thanks to all in advance.

i would be dubious, is saving the equiv of 2-3 gallons of diesel (£10-£15) worth risking the engine?

people are reporting quantum platinum (proper stuff) from skoda dealers for £25-30 and others on here reporting same oil for £15 at i think was tps, on offer (posted today on this or fabia 1 thread)

Edited by bluecar1

It will be fine, they just haven't paid VAG for the 507.00 type approval. However I don't think it is worth the risk when for £9 more you can get this:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2010/p/car-parts/car-lubricants-and-car-fluids/lubricant-and-fluids/engineoil/?521776091&1&a2bc662e086df36055c59e22f312296794e287df&000398 using BRISK25 discount code.

found it

http://www.briskoda....platinum-5w-40/

but that is the 5-40 oil

Just went down to my local TPS for some service parts and a tweeter for my VRS.

I was surprised the oil was only £17.99, the chap there said they will be discontinuing the current oil with some new re-branded stuff

Edited by bluecar1

It will be fine, they just haven't paid VAG for the 507.00 type approval. However I don't think it is worth the risk when for £9 more you can get this:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2010/p/car-parts/car-lubricants-and-car-fluids/lubricant-and-fluids/engineoil/?521776091&1&a2bc662e086df36055c59e22f312296794e287df&000398 using BRISK25 discount code.

Better offer on Eurocarparts oil at the moment is 'oilspill30' gets you 30% off.

• Like 1

Snacr63, I think steering clear of the Asda oil would be a good thing to do. I think I'm right in saying it must say it meets 507.00 and exceeds 505.01 for PD engines if it's suitable for your engine. It won't be suitable for your pd engine I doubt. It won't have the extreme pressure agent in it that protects your cam lobes. There are many oil that meet 507, but they are not all suitable for the PD engines as I understand it, so beware. If you get it wrong you'll pay a very heavy price as your cams will be toast in just a few thousand miles. Stick with recognised oil suitable for a dpf equipped PD engines.