electric problem big time

ive got a cheap **** code reader and its saying there no stored codes this is what it comes up with

monitors n/a 8

monitors 2 ok

monitors inc 1

christ knows what thats all about,Need to mention that when the cars locked off the key fob and i press the boot lid button instead of it opening the boot its dead locking the car like ive pressed the lock button twice??

• 2 months later...

Been plagued with all sorts of faults with interior light coming on, cruise control dropping off, one door not opening dash lights going off and on, station indicator for radio going on and off. Now stripping out interior to check wiring etc but cannot see how to get the rear seats any ideas?

I'd still say that some of the wiring nodes under the passenger seat will be corroded. If there has been dampness under there like you say then it is virtually certain that some of the connecting nodes will have crumbled and corroded through moisture.

You should be able to access almost all of these without needing to remove the rear seats or carpet.

The cruise control may be a separate issue though. Mine stopped working because the brake pedal switch (which turns to CC off) was ever so slightly out of adjustment and was telling the ECU that I was pressing the brake, even when I wasn't. Easy 20 minute fix though and doesn't cost anything.

Did you ever fix the boot problem by the way? I have the exact same problem after replacing the CCM and repairing all the nodes.

Edited by BDZ10

• 3 months later...

sorry for the late reply...no i never got around to fixing the boot problem...Everything else is working fine and has been since i did the pollen filter gasket and removed the bungs...I will get around to it one day im hoping that is the solenoid....fingers crossed.