Tuning 1.6 CR Tdi

Hello. Bought a Scout with the 1,6 diesel. Considering a engine tune to get more power, but I heard this engine is weak and dont do well with engine remap. Whats your experience with this engine and tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think companies have only been able to tune that engine for a month or 2, not sure if anyone on here has had theirs remapped yet

The other option is a tuning box from the like of TMC tuning etc.....

I'm a bit concerned with the long term effects on the engine with a box. If noone has any first hand experience with this engine I'll just wait. 105 Ps makes the small car move fast enough for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend who has had his 535d remapped recommends a firm. He emailed me last week to say they have now broken the code, so it is now "plug and play" to get approx 25bhp and 45Nm increase.

Most of that is techno babble to me, but I think it means reliable increase n power and torque, to Mk1 VRS levels, for not a lot of money.

Now, you'll all probably ask me who they are etc. and I'll have to find out!

Yeah the hardware manufactures are starting to release updates that supports the encryption and also read writing over the obd port once first being opened and read/write in boot mode.

I've heard 130 to 150bhp (seems optomistic to me) mentioned.

• 2 months later...

Yeah the hardware manufactures are starting to release updates that supports the encryption and also read writing over the obd port once first being opened and read/write in boot mode.

I've heard 130 to 150bhp (seems optomistic to me) mentioned.

The 130PD engine in the Mk4 VW golf/bora could get 180bhp after the stage1 remap

Where have you heard the engine is weak ? Given the 75 and 90 BHP engine is the same as your 105 it clearly can be mapped to all these 3 power outputs, i always thought that most diesel engines have a lot of headroom when it comes to tuning and i would have guessed this one is no different.

I've heard some stories where the engine couldnt take the increase in power due to some components. My engine is the 105 ps version. In the norwegian forum: www.bilforumet.no a vag mechanic reccomended to not tune this soecific engine.