Fabia 1 Hatchback - Water getting into tailgate plastics when raining heavy?

Fabby

Very weird fault! Open the tailgate after heavy rain and the water runs back out the plastic onto the back seat. Appears to be left side only. Not screen wash, as clear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

I believe it's the tailgate seal. You can replace the seal, or probably help revive it with a clean with something containing silicone. Or as I did, I got a bungee cord, removed the hooks on the end, and stuffed that under the bit of the seal you can lift up. That seemed to stop the water getting past.

Sorry I think my last post was based on mis-reading, stupid me.

My post was based on when you open the tailgate and see water resting on the plastic, as if it got past the seal during the rain, whilst the tailgate was shut.

------

On re-reading, it seems your post was that when the tailgate is in the open position, water comes out of the plastic trim in the tailgate itself. I too have had this before, and same as you left-side only - although not much so to be problematic. Since installing a subwoofer, I have been trying to stuff speaker tape at all the trim joining points to prevent vibrations, and have not noticed the problem lately.