RobL

My darling wife has managed to get a one pence piece in the gap by the handbrake on the center console. I can see the coin, it's currently resting just under the rear of the handbrake, but can't see a way to get it out. I presume to remove the handbrake cover you need to remove the arm rest, centre console and gear stick?

My questions would be;

1) Should I panic or isn't there a chance of it falling into anything vital and causing a safety isssue?

2) If it is an issue is it a DIY job? or do i need to run to the dealers and hope its not an arm and leg?

Edited by RobL

My darling wife has managed to get a one pence piece in the gap by the handbrake on the center console. I can see the coin, it's currently resting just under the rear of the handbrake, but can't see a way to get it out. I presume to remove the handbrake cover you need to remove the arm rest, centre console and gear stick?

My questions would be;

1) Should I panic or isn't there a chance of it falling into anything vital and causing a safety isssue?

2) If it is an issue is it a DIY job? or do i need to run to the dealers and hope its not an arm and leg?

Not sure if this will help but today's pence coins are made of ferrous metal with a plating. This means that you may be able to retrieve the coin using magnetism - try a nail attached to a strong magnet before the dealer.

Not sure if this will help but today's pence coins are made of ferrous metal with a plating. This means that you may be able to retrieve the coin using magnetism - try a nail attached to a strong magnet before the dealer.

I'm not sure there's the space to fish it out. Did think of one of those magnetised tools but looks too tight, god only knows how she got it in there.. :(