Katie's Skoda Classic 1.4

Katie & Jona

I haven't had much done to my car yet cept named her 'Jona'. Only a few things have been changed so far internally. She needs a bit more done though. This is how she looks at the moment:

photo-1.jpg

I will post my changes to her shortly. Below is the changes I am thinking of doing (X'ed if done)

[X] fit subwoofer

[X] install new door speakers

[ ] replace faded Skoda badge on boot

[ ] buy air vent slats to replace broken ones

[ ] get new wheels, any ideas?

[ ] replace seats

[ ] add sticker/ give unique style on boot

[ ] new exhaust

[ ] body kit

Does anyone have any other ideas on what would look good on her?

Edited by Katie & Jona

Fitting the subwoofer

First me and my boyfriend got a 1000w xplod subwoofer with a 400w edge app, which suited my current car stereo which was a Sony with xplod, so we could tweak the bass while driving.

We took off the glovebox, side panel on the edge of that and also clipped out the stereo, so we could feed the extra wires into the back of the stereo. The stereo was a pain to get out but we brought some keys to pry it out from a local store. But a thin bit of metal or plastic would have done the job.

The good thing about Skoda's is that everything clips off. We clipped off the start of the door seal panel (bit of grey plastic you step over when getting in), but we found out the centre part does not clip off easily, so we just fed the wires through there. We connected the power lead to the battery and threaded it through a hole behind the glovebox, which we then threaded through with the other wires.

[pic coming soon]

Then it was on to the back seats and boot. The back part of the door seal panel clipped off with ease so we folded forward the seats and threaded all of the wires back alongside the left passenger seat. Behind a plastic panel, which we clipped off revealed a route to the boot and the tail lights. We then connected the ground wire to a fixed bolt where the tail lights are located.

[pics coming soon]

After that it was a matter of wiring up the sub and testing it. It worked a dream so we put my Jona back together and now have a loud, bassy sub which you wouldn't expect from the outside! ;)

• 4 months later...

Exhaust.....................best one is a Remus.................got mine from Demon Tweeks (they ordered it in as not a stock item)

looks like this.........

bth_car.jpg

From Remus eu catalogue 2012

Fabia, type 6Y, JAN2000=> (not for station wagon)

1.4l 16V 74 kW; 1.4l MPI 50 kW; 1.4l 55 kW, 2002=>

805002 0502 Sport exhaust with 2 tail pipes 92x78 mm........................as long as stocks last!

Exhaust.....................best one is a Remus.................got mine from Demon Tweeks (they ordered it in as not a stock item)

looks like this.........

bth_car.jpg

From Remus eu catalogue 2012

Fabia, type 6Y, JAN2000=> (not for station wagon)

1.4l 16V 74 kW; 1.4l MPI 50 kW; 1.4l 55 kW, 2002=>

805002 0502 Sport exhaust with 2 tail pipes 92x78 mm........................as long as stocks last!

Would this fit my 1.2?