new custom map

As some know I've been having a few issues with misfires. Having done absolutely everything possible to rectify this including okada coil packs, literally hours of testing different plugs and running logs, the only thing left to change is the map. Spoke to Revo and their adamant its not the map.

So the guys down at perfect touch in Hoddesdon that look after the car for me are be going to do me a custom map so the afr ain't dropping into the 9s at some points and I can get more than 50miles out of a set of plugs. Other bonus is the car won't smell of fuel and the back of the car will be white for more than a day after cleaning.

Would have gone Apr but I can't get the car there.

Will have before and after dynos aswell so watch this space.

James

That does keep coming up time and again. Revo map a car and it goes wrong then they deny everything. You don't have to be Sherlock to work out what the problem was. Of what people are saying about APR it's looking like it's the way to go at the moment. No doubt other tuners will be good options in the coming months

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

dynochart.jpg

Sorry its taken so long peeps been stupid busy but here's the results.

its about 5-10bhp peak down on the Revo but its far more usable power and stays consistent over 10 runs where the Revo would heat soak after 3 or 4 and lose a chunk of power.

Torque figure is a little low for now but will be turned up when the map is altered for the new mods.

What you think??

Edited by P1TT8ULL

not the best choice of colours to draw the curves though lol.

235hp is bang on the money. I think thats the sweet spot on this car. looking at the curves, id bet that this map is really tractable as well.

Thats not a typical torque curve for a forced induction car though. Peak torque at 5680rpm? Im presuming your boost is ramping up really slowly as apose to peaking at 2-2.5k as with stock and most other maps. If thats the case its not utlising the supercharger that effectively IMO. It would also explain why there is no heat soak because its not recovering from the temperatures of having the high boost early on.

Id be keen to see the boost curves whats the peak boost and whats the boost at redline?

I personnaly wouldnt bother with a hybrid or bigger turbo if i was to do all this again. Stage 2 with IC is the best setup IMO.

I don't have the boost graph to hand but from me boost gauge it seems to Max around 15psi / 1 bar. I'm guna stop by tomorrow hopefully and see what I can get about the torque curve.

Hybrid of some sort is on the cards but not a stock size hybrid.

Stan

I don't have the boost graph to hand but from me boost gauge it seems to Max around 15psi / 1 bar. I'm guna stop by tomorrow hopefully and see what I can get about the torque curve.

Hybrid of some sort is on the cards but not a stock size hybrid.

Standard boost is 1.25bar peak settling at 1 bar upto 5k before dropping off.

Untitled.jpg

I can imagine. The guys who did the map must have some figures id imagine. The first thing i will be doing when i eventually get my car back is collecting all the logs on mine so i have a baseline to compare with.

Peak torque and peak boost go hand in hand and will be found at the same point in the rev range, so looks to me like your peak boost is all the way at the top end of the rpm band. Being able to make boost early to me is the best thing about this engine.

Couple boost curves to compare against when you get them

Jabba custom 215 Hp

JabbaCustomboost.jpg

Shark stage 2 213Hp

Sharkstage2boost.jpg

1.3 bar at the redline is a pretty good level of boost, if its 1.3 bar at the lower end then the torque should be higher. Maybe get a second dyno somewhere else to confirm? Mine was running 1.1 bar at redline with the stage 3 map before the piston rings went. and with the stage 2 above running 1 bar at redline. They want to have mine about 1.5 bar at redline but the high rev misfire was stopping us.

Interesting to see the requested vs actual on the shark log.

This was mentioned few months back by i think vrsy, i think its amasing that revo have done that no wonder people were getting grey smoke from turbo's.

Its likr they havent bothered with the tuning it right and just turned up the requires boost so its on full boost the whole time

Interesting to see the requested vs actual on the shark log.

Waste gate duty cycle was at 100% the whole way through the rev range :sweat: hence the change to the jabbasport map. It was bloody quick though.

i think its amasing that revo have done that no wonder people were getting grey smoke from turbo's.

Its likr they havent bothered with the tuning it right and just turned up the requires boost so its on full boost the whole time

I had that white smoke issue as well. Not seen it since though with either map

This white/grey smoke issue what could be the cause? I get it now and again when I'm driving, changing gear before 3k but when driving it hard or putting my foot down this doesn't occur.

Edited by Sib-rs