Xenon adjustment with lowering

Joshb26

Just a quick question regarding the auto adjust, basically due to lowering, obviously my beam from my xenons has gone very short, i hooked my car up to vagcom and had a fault code on there, cant remember the code but it basically said that the lights had not been adjusted. When i try to adjust them even after setting it up with vagcom i still dont get a lot of movement on the lights.

Not sure wether this is a sensor issue thats located on the rear beam or wether the motors have gone in the lights….

wondering if anybody can shed any light on the subject.

Cheers

Josh

You will need a VCDS to correctly identify the problem. Was the error?

01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
    005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

If yes, it would most probably be the Sensors. Connect VCDS, get into Controller Settings for "Xenon Range" and click on "Meas. Blocks". If it is the Sensors, you will have readings outside the allowed range.

You can even visually check for the Sensor misalignment, there are a lot of threads on this here. In short, the Sensor Arm should point away from the Driver's side (should point to the left)

post-67231-1346356401783_thumb.jpg

This is what readings i got when i did measuring blocks, however when i plugged it in again later the rear sensor read 30.7 :S tried following the instructions to adjust the lights off the rosstech website but it wasnt happening :S my lights don't move at all when i turn them on for the first time :/ reallly confused.

Also, the sensor on the rear beam can only be inside or outside the beam so right now it is angled like > towards the back of the car... Anyone know if this is right?

Are you sure you are looking at the right Sensor? The Sensor is located right next to the left rear wheel, between the exhaust and this wheel. It is shaped like a "V", with the pointing edge facing away from the car, left outwards (if correctly positioned). This is what you should look for.

About the readings, move the mouse pointer over the Value reading box and the allowed values will pop up.

If you are not too bothered about the Xenons moving dynamically while the car is on the move, stop worrying about setting with VCDS, open the Bonnet and manually adjust the alignment screws on the Headunit to lower/higher the beam.

yeah the sensor on the fabia is located on the beam… so must be different to the octavia.

and yeah im not to bothered about the constant adjustment but i think because of the xenons etc it doesnt let you adjust them just by using the manual screws, a you turn the screw it raises a tiny bit and then resets to where the sensor is saying. Il take it to a mate who works at skoda…see if he can figure it out :) thanks for the help

• 2 months later...

Hello all.

I am new here and i have the same problem. Have you solved the problem yet? What was wrong? I assume that sensor or motors in lights have gone. Buying new sensor is very expensive - 225 EUR at Škoda service.

Is there any posibility to get this sensor on ebay or somewhere else - cheaper? What should i do?

Thanks in advance.

S.