changing badge

MilanM

This is how I changed the wheel centre badge [5JA 601 151 ULM] (if you don't want to keep the old one):

1, Hammered old screwdriver through existing badge to allow me to lever it off the wheel;

2. Rubbed some washing-up liquid around the edge of the hole;

3. Set new badge in kitchen sink, face down, and poured a full kettle of boiling water over it;

4. With cloth quickly set new badge in position on wheel and pushed.

The new badge went in without any bother; the boiling water had softened the edge rim of the badge sufficiently to allow an easy fit.

Hope this helps someone.

You sir are a butcher and should never be let near anything that holds any value greater than its scrap value.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

does anyone know what size are on the wheel hub caps ?? the new chrome skoda logo ?? .... and also on the front and rear ?? size in "mm" would be v grateful 

does anyone know what size are on the wheel hub caps ?? the new chrome skoda logo ?? .... and also on the front and rear ?? size in "mm" would be v grateful 

i guess i found the answer to my own question ! my bad.. 53mm for the wheel centre caps. and 90mm for front and rear of the car. awesome. ordering now!! will post pics soon

• Like 1