Black Mazda RX-8, 2004, 1 Owner, 41k, 235 BHP, FMSH

vrsRob

Well, it has 6 months on it and will have a fresh 12 months MOT (1 month left currently)

The tax is £148.50 for 6 months and £270 for 12 months - bl00dy good value imo!

Tax goes up to £450 on the 56 plate+ ones though!

Be seriously interested to see how long this takes to sell - pretty much the same as my old one which took forever to shift! Shame the values have dived so much since the petrol prices went mad. :(

Still miss it sometimes. GLWTS

Edited by TriggerFish

One of my colleagues is seriously considering one...

Any engine trouble? Bad points?

Had a new set of coils not long ago and a compression test, all good now as it was flagging beforehand, now all the power is back due to the new coils.

Also had a new starter motor fitted.

Other than that, mechanically it is sound.

The interior is lovely, no wear on the leather and still looks great!

Whoever comes to see this first will have her away and get a bargain as it will only go up in value as they are no longer made! If I had somewhere to keep her under cover for a few years...

I'm seriously tempted, I'll have a word with my mate who's an x Mazda tech. Do you know if it's had a compression test? Any hot starting issues?

Cheers

Yes, had compression test after coils and all good.

No starting issues be it hot or cold, proved to be very reliable.

Tax goes up to £450 on the 56 plate+ ones though!

Be seriously interested to see how long this takes to sell - pretty much the same as my old one which took forever to shift! Shame the values have dived so much since the petrol prices went mad. :(

Still miss it sometimes. GLWTS

Yeah, this is why this one is so good! Much lower tax than many other cars with similar power!

Absolute bargain.

Sorry to crash thread.

When ya bought them brand new, as me pops did Mazda requested practice days! The things these cars can do is mind boggling!!

One thing I can remember, they ask you to get to 100mph and take ya hands off the wheel. Then slam hard on the brakes......no word of a lie you stop within the length of a house, sounds like the cars falling to bits with the car doing it's thing but safest car I've ever been in.

If your thinking of buying one, do it! Absolute bargain at this price for the car you get and the noise when u get to the beep of the limiter is extremely worth it!!

Sent from my GT-N7000

• 3 weeks later...

Absolute bargain.

Sorry to crash thread.

When ya bought them brand new, as me pops did Mazda requested practice days! The things these cars can do is mind boggling!!

One thing I can remember, they ask you to get to 100mph and take ya hands off the wheel. Then slam hard on the brakes......no word of a lie you stop within the length of a house, sounds like the cars falling to bits with the car doing it's thing but safest car I've ever been in.

If your thinking of buying one, do it! Absolute bargain at this price for the car you get and the noise when u get to the beep of the limiter is extremely worth it!!

Sent from my GT-N7000

Thanks for this Janno1, I am surprised there's no interest!

Have put my bosses Merc up in for sale section also now!!

What do you get from it MPG wise - I know they are bad but I've heard 17mpg round town and 25 on a run (which isn't that dissimilar to my MX5 to be honest) but a way off what I get in the Fabia... Just thinking if I can convince SWMBO that we need yet another car...

What do you get from it MPG wise - I know they are bad but I've heard 17mpg round town and 25 on a run (which isn't that dissimilar to my MX5 to be honest) but a way off what I get in the Fabia... Just thinking if I can convince SWMBO that we need yet another car...

Sold it this morning mate, sorry!

Thanks for the enquiry though!