First time owner

smigg

Okay so the title is a little misleading as I don't yet own my Octavia vRS (although that should change in the next few weeks when it arrives). I've decided to take the plunge and am moving from my Focus 2.0 TDCi estate to and Octavia vRS 2.0 TDi DSG estate. Apparently my car is sat at the port waiting for a UK owner to buy it, so I thought I'd better not keep it waiting and snapped it up while Skoda are offering the 0% VAT offer (got me a hefty saving). Apart from that there's not much more to tell at the moment! :)

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll love it. Had a blast on the test drive with the DSG box. Just now like a cat on a hit tin roof waiting for the dealer to call to say my car is in the country and to give me a date for it. One question (and I probably should have asked the dealer), where is the storage box behind the rear seats? Is it a false floor under the boot floor?

Fantastic, thanks alkip. I figured I hadn't seen it anywhere during my walk around before the test drive so wondered where it was! Still counting the time waiting for a phone call. Very frustrating! :)

I also discovered the ski hatch, I've only had the car 18 months :giggle:

Drop the rear armrest, drop the flap that sits behind it and hey presto slide your Ski's, or in my case walking poles through from the boot :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

So the day is finally here and I'm off to pick up the Octy vRS today. Quick question though. I'm trading in my Focus estate but when I bought it (second hand) I didn't get a spare key with it. Has anyone known Skoda dealers to be problematic about taking over a car that only has one key?