Elephant insurance - strut brace

Hi,

I've got a 2005 Fabia VRS. After reading stuff on here, a strut brace seems a nice cheap mod which will do some good.

Problem is I rang up Elephant and they want 72 quid! Seems like a lot, my mate got a blitz induction kit on his CTR for about 40 quid or sometihng. So I'm thinking that they've not known what a strut brace is, and put it into the wrong category.

Does anybody know what category it should be in? I can't find anything suitable on their site. Or is 70 quid roughly right?

Thanks !

Chris

Strut brace is a suspension modification (as classed by Tesco). The way Tesco works is they have bands of premium hikes for various values of "cosmetic" modifications. This meant that for my mod (strut brace and springs and dampers worth about 450-500 quid) I was in the 251-1000 quid band, so I could add further cosmetic mods, up to the 1000 pound value without a change in my premium. I think it cost me about 50 quid more for the whole lot.... :)

Chris

I confirmed with (direct line) DL and for some reason they didn't class it as modification.

Cos they have two bands, cosmetics or performance. The strut didnt fit in either. So didnt have to pay extra for the premium.

Beats me why they're like that compare to other insurance comps.

I confirmed with (direct line) DL and for some reason they didn't class it as modification.

Cos they have two bands' date=' cosmetics or performance. The strut didnt fit in either. So didnt have to pay extra for the premium.[/quote']

Did they say why it didn't fit in either? IMHO, it fits in both! :rofl:

Chris

i thought so too. But 1. the lady didnt know what a strut was and ask her manager which didnt know what one was either. 2. it didnt enhance the engine so therefor it wasnt a performance mod. 3. it doesnt make the car look good from the outside so therefore wasnt cosmetics.

Beats the **** out of me, tbh

Not wishing to be disrespectful or unPC but did you get an english person at elephant or was it the India call centre? The only problem I have ever had with them was over a change of car, when I got through to the India call centre and couldn't make them understand what an earth I was talking about.

Try again for a UK call centre.

Yea, think I'm going to give them another ring at some point. Will speak to dealer about warrenty, although can't see that being a problem, they seemed fairly mod friendly when I talked to them about a remap.

Just thought I'd wait a bit, and see what experiences people on here have had, is nobody on here with a strut brace insured through Elephant?

Cheers for the help so far!

Elephant are quite bad when it comes to changing anything, I changed car and after repeating the number plate to her 5 times I got the stuff in the post with pretty much a completely different number plate on it. I