Northern Ireland Registered Car

octimark

Has anyone got any experience of buying or owning a Northern Ireland registered car?

Theres a car i'm interested in viewing and it has a NI reg number on it. Ive made a phone call and it's not been put on as a private plate. It is the original reg number as the car was registered in Northern Ireland.

It has an UK V5 log book and is not an import.

I dont know if theres any issues I need to be aware of or if there any different procedure you have to follow. I assume not as its a UK registered car but in all honesty I have no idea so thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Dippo

Vehicles moving between GB and Northern Ireland (NI)

Vehicles registered in NI that move to GB are no longer classed as being imported to GB. Also, vehicles registered in GB moving to NI are no longer classed as being imported to NI.

These vehicles can keep their GB or NI plates and tax disc, or they can request the registration plate to where they are going, GB or NI.

The vehicle registration certificate Northern Ireland (V5CNI) should be used to aid registration in GB and applications should be made at a DVLA local office. The vehicle registration certificate (V5C) should be used to help registration in NI. Applications should be made at The Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA), Coleraine.