Track rod ends siezed

John M0GWR

Any one got any pointers on freeing up a track rod end? I went to get the tracking done tonight after buying 2 new front tire's and the guy could not undo the lock nut. Should i just get a new one of try and undo the lock nut?

Thanks

John

New track rod end is the only solution, the old one will most likely need to be cut off. Track rod end is dirt cheap, so better to renew that attempt to use heat to get the old one unstuck.

not sure, just going on what the local tyre place here said when I took my 11 year old Audi in for its alignment to be done. They said they would renew the track rod end(s) if any showed signs of being seized. the ones for my A8 are about £20 each.

• 2 weeks later...

DSB Bullwell will do it properly.

rotodiesel.

Thank You for that info. I may hold on a little while though as i am thinking of changing my springs and shocks as i just dont think the car feels right. Quite hard to judge as it is the only superb i have driven but it just seems to soft.