Yeti finance

fireblade

"my dealer told me 6 months minimum number of payments before I can cancel."

I wonder is this in relation to his commision more so that the terms and conditions for the costumer, or maybe I'm being a cynic.

Under FSA rules which are law, you have 14 days as a cooling off period, you can terminate the finance agreement at any point during that time. This overrides anything the dealer tells you and is part of the Consumer Credit Act.

Ok so we've established that I can simply cancel the agreement within 14 days but what about the servicing incentive?

If I got to keep that whilst paying a few quid for it at most then great but otherwise it wouldn't be worth the hassle surely?

• Like 1

Sorry to sound like a stuck record but does anyone know if the 3 years servicing would be honoured if the finance was effectively cancelled under the 14 day rule?

Sorry to sound like a stuck record but does anyone know if the 3 years servicing would be honoured if the finance was effectively cancelled under the 14 day rule?

well it says when you take out skoda finance so i guess why not ;)

you could always leave it one day then it wouldn't be classed as cancelled.....

JeZ

well it says when you take out skoda finance so i guess why not ;)

you could always leave it one day then it wouldn't be classed as cancelled.....

JeZ

Sounds like a bit of a gamble either way. By cancelling the agreement within 14 days you're not exactly taking out the finance are you?

I just wonder how quickly the confirmation letter gets sent out for the servicing and if SUK then cancel it off their system if you settle the finance within 14 days? It'd be a lot of hassle for no gain if that was the case!

Sounds like a bit of a gamble either way. By cancelling the agreement within 14 days you're not exactly taking out the finance are you?

I just wonder how quickly the confirmation letter gets sent out for the servicing and if SUK then cancel it off their system if you settle the finance within 14 days? It'd be a lot of hassle for no gain if that was the case!

I was actually given the servicing documentation when I signed for the car, and I haven't actually had to produce it, as the fact I have servicing plan is recorded on 'the system'