Any more restictions on 1.4 16v

twista2681

Hi Guys

Any one know of any more restrictions that could be removed as im not aware of? apart from remap, air filter and exhaust, I'm still looking bettert performance figures from this car. Any help would be grateful

decent spark plugs and leads will never do it any harm, also its not all about power, put better brakes on it as late breaking means you are on the power for longer! also the right suspension setup is always helpful for keeping it flat out round the bends!

I understand what your saying stevo1982 brakes and suspension is something I'm looking to do when i get around to it., For a 100bhp hatchback it could do with a little bit more poke as it does not feel like 100bhp car at the mo , dont get me wrong it's a cracking little car but like i say could do with tweakin abit 130 bhp would be nice.

Talking of brakes, would the 280mm G60 setups fit on the Fabia if you found some 5 stud disks, or are they just for the 4 stud Polo/Golfs?

why g60 brakes? standard fabia vrs brakes are readily available as most of us have the 312mm setup!

I understand what your saying stevo1982 brakes and suspension is something I'm looking to do when i get around to it., For a 100bhp hatchback it could do with a little bit more poke as it does not feel like 100bhp car at the mo , dont get me wrong it's a cracking little car but like i say could do with tweakin abit 130 bhp would be nice.

cams, ported polished head? turbo/supercharger conversion? all big money stuff though! 100bhp out of a 1.4 non turbo petrol is good! worth weighing up how much that extra 30bhp is going to cost and if you could chop your car in and get a bigger bhp car for less money!

not sure.. its harder to get power out of non turbo cars! just plug a 130bhp vrs in and give it another 50bhp with more boost pressure and fuel! i would think with a decent filter/air intake a good decat system, a service and a remap you might gain 20bhp if you are lucky!

Because you need vRS (or 2.0) hubs for the 288mm setup, which I thought were pretty hard/expensive to find.

ebay is often littered with them and there are often sets on here in the for sale section,thats callipers and carriers, not sure about the hubs..

Just had a look on eBay, the hubs are from £60 - £80ish as far as I can tell. Per side. So it would be an expensive upgrade path.

I had the 288mm setup on the Golf anyway and didn't think much of them. :no: Although I guess that opens the path up to 312mm upgrades too.

Edited by TriggerFish

This is a list of what ABT did to mine to get 140bhp.

ABT - POWER INCREASEMENT

Skoda Fabia (6J) 1,4 ltr. 16v from 99 HP to approx. 140 HP

consisting of: ECU (AEC) Remap level 2, bracket set, cable harness, iridium spark plugs, mounting

kit, camshaft upgrade level 2, ignition lead upgrade, air filter replacement and upgrade level 2

ABT - SUSPENSION INCREASEMENT

Skoda Fabia (6J) 1,4 ltr. 16v

consisting of: reinforced front and rear springs

Hope this helps

yup, heres the reading,

As for the cost don't have a clue this was done in 2005 by a previous owner, but looking at parts and that online your looking at the £1500ish

but other little thing help as well. i have a powerflow exhaust system, and a K&N induction kit which helps getting off the line.

readout.png