Octavia VRS brake upgrades.

Jack VRS

Hi there everyone!

I own a 2008 PD170 Octy VRS and i was wondering if there are any decent brake upgrades out there?

Personally i think my pedal goes a little hard and doesn't feel very good when doing some spirited driving! I had Skoda carry out a full flush on the system last service but im still a bit cautious of them!

Been looking into EBC Redstuff and a set of decent Drilled and Grooved discs to help and was just wondering if you guys had any opinions and suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jack.

It depends on budget and what you'll be using them for I guess. I've had aftermarket/uprated pads and the S3 345mm setup on the front end of my VRS previously and whilst I thought the S3 setup was more effective overall, I felt the disadvantage of the extra unsprung weight at the front. The real advantage of the S3 setup probably didnt come through for fast road driving tbh. When I bought the Yeti, I swapped out the 288mm setup for 312mm VRS disks and Ferrodo DS2500 pads - mightily effective it is too and at it's current power levels is more than enough IMO.

Hi Jack,

How far you need to go with the brakes really depends on your driving style. If for example you are a day to day driver that doesn't drive hard then stock discs would be fine, just a case of keeping them fresh and nice fluid in there!

The odd blast here and there may be a case of performance pads and stock discs with performance brake fluid!

Avid track user.... Big brake kit! :D

You mention your brakes are not all that hot at the moment, do you have them fading or is it just the pedal feel that you don't enjoy?

Awesome Mike

• 4 weeks later...