Fabia VRS Mk1 Backbox removal and refit how to?

Mat.M.

Hi,

I've a search but nothing popped up, anyway, my back box has started to shed its outer layer! From a quick glance underneath, it appears to be a 1 piece system post CAT.

I guess the easiest way to remove it is to cut it in to two parts?

My question to you guys is.... how easy is it to fit a OEM replacement backbox section? Are there any hints and tips you can give me?

Thanks in advance

Mat

Its easy enough you will just need to cut the old one into two as you say and get a coupling to join new to old so to speak only tip really is the higher you can get the car safely the easier it will be

Its easy enough you will just need to cut the old one into two as you say and get a coupling to join new to old so to speak only tip really is the higher you can get the car safely the easier it will be

The back box should still be fine, it's only the outer layer mine was doing it too. I'd wait till it gets worse.

The outer layer had been shedded on our mondeo ST exhausts for about 5 years ago and they are still fine :)