S3 address book - not all names appear?

I've been playing around with my galaxy s3 and the blue tooth etc and realised when I received a call yesterday the number not the name of the contact came up.

Previously their name did appear on the car display.....

after the call I went into the address book and they weren't there. I did an address book update and that didn't help and I've now deleted and re-paired the phone to the car but this contact still doesn't appear.

I'm not how many others it affects ( I have definitely found a couple more) but I call and get called from this one all the time so its a total pain.

in the s3 I have 500+ contacts (lots email only) and on the car I have 184 (I guess these all have phone numbers on the phone) in the s3 address book the missing contact would be in the middle of these - not at the start or end.

Just wondered if anyone else had found the same and how they sorted it?

I may just recreate the contacts concerned but I don't see why it doesn't just work.

thanks

Ian

Edited by iancjc

If this is case as posted by Jigger72, then there is a menu setting on the maxidot which you can set to either retrieve contacts from Sim Only, Phone Only or both. Check that the setting is correct and not been altered.

done that - all contacts are on the phone but I've tried the sim and the phone options.

There is nothing unusual about the contacts either.

I hate things like this - wouldn't have noticed normally but this number is one I call 3 - 4 times a day when I'm in the car and working.

I also had the same problem with my Galaxy S3. In my case the problem was with Microsoft Outlook. The street field in Oulook accepts more than 1 line. The missing contacts all had multi line street fields. If you have your contacts stored in outlook try editing an address that doesn't work, so that it has only a single line street field. Sync outlook and the S3 and see if it then syncs with the columbus.

• Like 1

That could be it - I synced the fone via outlook for the first time yesterday. Previously just sinc'd with Google.

Will have a play.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I concur. I posted here about 18 months ago. I had the same problem with my S2. Outlook was the problem which in turn was synched with Google and then the phone. Nightmare to find which entries were problematic but sorted eventually to those with multi line addresses, multi entry phone numbers and some email addresses. Decided in the end to create entries for my most common callers etc and just created seperate entries for them. No problem since.