Retro fit climate and auto lights.

Stumpi

Is it possible?

Bought my SE DSG with a few extras from a local VW dealer after it was used as cycle race support/promo vehicle. 1800kms and 10 months old in mint cond and cheap couldn't be passed up.

But, my last car in the UK was a fully kitted Elegance Superb Combi with the extras book thrown at it so there are some things I'm really missing.

1, biggest miss is Climate control. Is is possible to retro fit this?

2, miss it but it's not life threatening are auto lights, is this a retrofit possibility?

3, auto wipers I know I've no chance so tough on me.

Other than that I'm super super impressed with Stumpi.

Drove it properly using the "S" selection on ethe DSG box yesterday along the Great Ocean Road and can say its amazing! I'd played with it in tow but is not a patch as t when you use it in its proper place, twisty roads.

Anyway, back on track, an help on the above would be great.

Thx

Dave

Drove it properly using the "S" selection on ethe DSG box yesterday along the Great Ocean Road and can say its amazing! I'd played with it in tow but is not a patch as t when you use it in its proper place, twisty roads......

Driving anything along the GOR is amazing! :sun:

• Like 1

Driving anything along the GOR is amazing! :sun:

True true :-)

Popped up to Triplet Falls for the first time. Impressive. Give me a flash if you see me, Live nr Point Cook.

White SE with Thule bike carriers on top.

Edited by Stumpi

...Give me a flash if you see me, Live nr Point Cook.....

(Off-topic, but it's your thread...)

Would love to, but it'll have to wait till our next visit to family (NE of Melb'n). Driven the whole GOR once, right on to Adelaide, then chunks of it at other times. Nothing to compare it with in UK - spectacular, esp. if you wander off route now and then (Otway, Maits Rest, Shipwreck Coast etc). :mmm:

• Like 1

Climate control, nope as your car is missing sensors, motors and wiring.

Auto lights rely on the auto wipers sensor, so this can be fitted easily if you have auto wipers.

Auto Wipers, nope going to be to costly.

What motors are missing for climate? The dials are all electronic.

There's also a light sensor on the car as it switches off my dash lights when I go into a tunnel so auto lights must be possible..

Does your car have an "auto" position on the light switch?

Does your car have a sensor on the windscreen, behind the mirror?

If the answer is NO to either you do NOT have auto lights. The fact that your dash lights appear to dim is nothing to do with "autolights".

Does your car have an "auto" position on the light switch?

Does your car have a sensor on the windscreen, behind the mirror?

If the answer is NO to either you do NOT have auto lights. The fact that your dash lights appear to dim is nothing to do with "autolights".

Lol, thanks, Im welll aware I dont have auto lights etc :-)

The question was about retro fit. And as the car can tell I go into a dark tunnel and then switch off the dash lights, why cant that be adapted to switch on the vehicle lights?

To repeat:

The dash light dimming is nothing to do with "autolights".

That is a feature of lots of cars, not just the Yeti!

To fit autolights you would need:

a new light switch,

the windscreen sensor, if available

the wiring loom, if available

either a new lighting electronic controller, or the current one reprogramming

potentially the roof lining removing to fit the loom

possibly a new windscreen

Plus since the sensor is also part of the autowipers possibly those parts as well.

What motors are missing for climate? The dials are all electronic.

There's also a light sensor on the car as it switches off my dash lights when I go into a tunnel so auto lights must be possible..

The required flap motors are missing, as are the temp sensors in the ducts, the control unit itself is about £500. Then add sunlight sensor, wiring etc and it gets pretty pricey.

Take a look here: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/rain-sensor-auto-wiper-retrofit-vw.htm

Scroll down to the section where it says "mk6 VW Golf, Jetta (2010 and later), and Passat rain light sensor (RLS) installation notes"

Or here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5287722-Adding-Rain-and-Light-Sensor/page4

skip to post #127

If you're only planning on retrofitting the rain and light sensors, than you've only got three wires to worry about; ground, power, and BCM (Pin 33 on the white plug)

For Auto Head-lights, you'll need to get a repair wire and run it from the head-light plug to the BCM

Its actually a pretty cheap mod.

hope this helps