Febi/Bilstein Wishbones

I got a pair of these at the start of the year and only got around to actually fitting one of them a month or so back. The problem is that there is now so much play in the rear bush that it's worse than the one on the offside that's the original and has done 120k! It's creaking, clunking, cracking and if I put a small pry bar in there's massive amounts of movement. Pretty poor in my eyes. I know some Ebay ones are a bit crap but I always thought Febi was a reasonable pattern part manufacturer...so far my experience would indicate otherwise! Is this normal??

Edited by cloverleaf

Hahaha, Febi is total carp. Buy cheap, buy twice...

That does sound like a phenomenal amount of wear in no time though... :wonder:

Get your old arms, press the old bushes out, and fit Superpro. Job done.

I pressed in new bushes into my wishbones on Friday. The rear bushes had gone totally out of shape after 202k miles. The offside one had much more play in it than the nearside though.

The nearside of my car gets a pasting from the backroads - all the bushes on that side have been worse than the offside when I've replaced them. Kinda surprised at just how bad the bushes in these new ones are though given that vwspares wishbones (ie Febi) have generally seemed pretty well talked about. I'm guessing whoever's fitted them hasn't driven many rough and twisty roads to punish them much. I doubt it would pass an MOT there's that much play in them as it stands just now!