Camaro "Abused" by Dealer

Rhoobarb

An account of a Camaro getting thrashed by the dealership it had gone to for repair.

http://www.camaro5.c...ighlight=easley

Youtube video of the audio recording in the above thread, I didnt want to embed it here because of the swearing.

"This is the audio recorded in my car while in the care of the a Service Department. This Audio file is of the Service Manager driving my car like he stole it. It has approximately 38,777 miles on it. It was taken to get evaluated because the gears would grind at parking lot speeds and up to 35mph. I made it clear what the symptoms were. Yet the Service Manager and his crew took the car for a twenty minute, tire squealing; drive it like you stole it, all out thrashing. They self admittedly melted the clutch, then tried to sell me a clutch job.

Have you ever felt cheated, lied to, put upon, and taken advantage of? Have you ever been bullied by a new car dealer? Have you ever had someone look you in the eye and you know they are lying, but you don't have that thread of proof you so desperately need?! Then ask yourself. What should you do? What can you do?

GET PROOF!!!!! PROTECT YOURSELF!!!

These people drove this car harder in 20 minutes than by me in 3 years.

It was taken to get evaluated because the gears would grind at parking lot speeds and up to 35mph. I made it clear what the symptoms were. Yet the Service Manager and his crew took the car for a twenty minute, tire squealing; drive it like you stole it, all out thrashing. They Launched the car over and over again. They did high speed low gear decelereactions. When confronted with the facts and evidence the Fixed Operations Director, REFUSED to acknowledge any wrong doing. He offered his personal reassessment and if he found things not in order then he may repair it for free. Or maybe, perhaps they would let me trade it in. Can you believe this guy?! He is trying to sell me a car because mine is DAMAGED now!! The BBB was of no help. And the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center (CAC) refused to assist. They stated, "It's a dealership issue." CAC set this up then stepped away wiping their hands clean. In my book they are just as guilty, bc it seems that all they wanted to hear was, "customer was at fault." They plotted their lies about me thrashing the transmission and clutch, while they were doing just that. Once their lies were invalidated by the recording, [email protected] hung me out to dry, and stepped away. The service manager and at least two others drove it like they stole it, so THEY CAN BUY IT!!!!

I suggested, the dealership buy it, repair it, CPO it, sell it, and then take the difference out ot the offending parties pay. Previous to this incident, another dealership in Greenville, SC did a similar thing at 16,000 miles. They gave it back to me damaged, I left, and ten minutes later it had to be towed back to that dealership. Accusations flew but no one was man enough to admit it. Sound familiar? Anyway, the crappy end of the stick was pointed at yours truly. They supposedly fixed it, but not really. That's when the Chevy customer assistance center (CAC) called and wanted to know why their survey was so bad. A prompt explanation of the above described events initiated CAC to contact another dealer in Easley. An appointment was scheduled, and the dysfunction reappeared, only this time they were busted red handed. They burned the clutch up, then tried to sell me a clutch, and then two days later bill GM for the same work. Then the Fixed Operations Director tried to sell me a car and convince me that HIS mechanics actions were acceptable trouble shooting pracitce. He had ample opportunity to do the honorable, decent thing. He was politely informed that HE was not the only option."

Edited by Rhoobarb

Always take the milage of your car and make sure it goes into the garage with very little fuel. That is my advice. I hope he takes legal action against them. If that is what Chevy customer service is like then I am so glad i don't like their cars. I have been tucky enough to have been treated well by Skoda when I have had issues. The dealers i have dealt with have been great.

EDIT I note that this is in America which is really strange. Dealers over there normally bend over backwards to offer good customer service: odd

Edited by Matt Bodycombe