2 year old vomit anyone?

Fidget

Vomit from my 2 yr old son I mean, the alternative deosn't bear thinking about...

On a recent trip through Wales, my boy became rather ill in the back, on three separate ocassions during the afternoon, we had partially digested yoghurt arrive on the rear seat, carpet and rear of the passenger seat. Luckily it's not as bad as it sounds, the car seat took the brunt of the assault and after mopping it all up at the side of the road, driving with the windows down at least made the rest of the journey bearable. I wiped the interior down with cloth/washingup liquid/water, it's mostly clean apart from a faint halo here and there. The smell isn't completely gone.

How would you tackle it form here, buy a steam cleaner? Valet company to shampoo interior? Douse in petrol and set alight?

The car is 2.5 years old and has only ever been vacuumed, so I'm sure the upholstery could benefit from a 'proper' clean. Judging by the interior car care guide, might just have to hand it over to a valet company to extract the ingrained stains and odour. If that be the case, can anyone recommend a firm in the Wirral/Merseyside area?

Had a similar situation last Friday - little 'un was sick in the back of SWMBO's car - got it in the plastic bag first but missed the second time!

I fully removed the back seat from her Mini, got a bucket of warm water with some Megs APC diluted in it (quite strong). Then thoroughly cleaned the seat base with a scrubbing brush. Rinsed with cold water and then left in the airing cupboard overnight to dry.

Then cleaned the rest of the rear seat area with a damp cloth and a healthy dose of Chemical Guys Air Freshner.

Now for me this worked a treat......because previously I had treated the seats with GTechniq I1 Interior Protector. Stinks something rotten when you apply but clearly worked a treat.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/interior-coatings/i1-smart-fabric/

Ok, can probably give it another go with a better product and a little more elbow grease, if it stays stubborn, then I'll consider a valet company. Thanks for the gtechniq link, not a bad idea for the future.

The fun of being a parent I suppose. We normally tool up really well for long journeys, next time we'll have bin sacks and a bucket ready to go!

I've had to deal with the vomit smell before, Bio-Brisk is the best stuff for removing the odours, they swear by it on detailing world for organic odours. It contains enzymes that eat the bacteria that make the smell you can get it here