Need help: Getting sound adjustments in Bolero audio system to "stick"

I have a MY 2011 Superb estate fitted with Bolero audio system and the upgraded Sound System.

Recently I discovered that the sound balance was set to all front, and that no sound came out through the rear speakers. I therefore tapped the "note-button" on the top left corner of the Bolero and adjusted the setting.

However, the setting won't "stick"!

:devil:

The next time I shut the ignition off/on again the sound balance is reset to all front. A couple of times the setting has been correct when I restart the car, but mostly it's reset itself back to all front.

What do I to/tap/click to get the adjusted sound-settings on the Bolero to "stick"?? I have tried holding the touch-screen button until I hear a confirmation beep etc., but no luck so far.

I have consulted the Bolero handbook, but got no help there.

Is there something wrong with my system, or am just I doing it all wrong?

I don't wan't to visit my local Skoda dealership and look like an idiot, if this is something I should have understood by my self

:giggle:

Best regard,

John

Trondheim, Norway

I had a similar problem - but what was happening in the end is that the Bolero shows that the setting is all front after using the bluetooth phone, even though the actual fader setting is correct. Next time it happens trying turning up the volume so you can be certain that there is no sound in the rear (this is the voice of someone who did visit the local dealership and look like an idiot !!)

Thank you so much for the tip! :happy:

I will try turning up the volume and see if the fader-setting on the screen is just showing the wrong status.

Hoping this is the solution for me as well. I'll report the result here.

• 1 month later...

A late response, but still; you were right! There IS sound coming out of the rear speakers

:rofl:- even though the fader-settings on the Bolero shows all front :@

It appears that the fader-settings on the screen varies - some times it shows the correct status, but most of the time not.

An annoying fault, if you ask me, but I can live with it. The important thing is having sound coming out of all speakers.

Thank you so much for the tip, and for saving me a visit at my local dealer looking like an idiot...

John