Felicia Fun tow eye

I've had my Fun over a year now, and it came with both a detachable tow bar and a tow eye - both of which look like they've never been used.

I've replaced the battery but needed to move the Fun from where it was parked to try and rescue the discharged battery.

Couldn't see any obvious location for the tow eye. Do you have to remove trim next to the fog lights or am I missing something more obvious? No holes are evident.

The removable toe eye on my fun is brand new. I wondered why, when mine broke down and was going to be toed i was looking around for it but its behind the fibreglass bumper on the right hand side, stupid place tbh. But what skury said look behind the license plate. Jack :)

• Like 1

Glad it helped you out robk1 (Y) P.S still looking for torneou cover. Missed out on that one :(

Sorry to hear that mate. It did go for a little more than I expected. If I see anything I'll let you know :happy:

Thanks for the replies. I've been frustrated as my previous "thank you" posts haven't posted.

Guess it'll be handy to keep a screwdriver handy in case the number plate has to come off. I keep a can of Tyreweld in the cab, but might start carrying a spare wheel (from a Clio), but then need a wrench and a jack, not to mention some alternative bolts. Maybe that's what the loadspace is for...

Jack, wheel-brace and tow-eye should be in a bag that fits into the strap under the passenger seat. Spare wheel under the back-end of the loadspace. :)

• Like 1

That explains the vacant strap then. I'm sure I read that the towbar fitment meant that the spare wheel lost its normal location. Don't know if the towbar was factory or retro fit, but its handy and the electrics work too. I use a bike lock around the "spoiler" and connected to one of the D rings as a reminder for me (and moreso anyone else) to leave the tailgate shut.

Mine must be the racing version because as well as those other heavy objects, I have no cage either. I did manage to overtake a granny and an artic (not in the same manoeuvre) whilst loaded and towing an almost empty trailer yesterday, although on one hill with a climbing lane I only reached 45 mph in 4th and my foot to the floor!

My record in The Fun was 7 cars and 1 lorry in one go, on the new section of road between Eye and Spalding. Straight line sight of over a mile :) :)

It's a national limit road, we were doing about 40 behind a lorry, who did speed up when he saw me overtaking him. Think he was just having a laugh really.