Jabba RARB knocking standard exhaust...

When i had my Jabba bar fitted a while back i had issues with it knocking the front corner of the backbox so removed it so i didnt break anything. My car is lowered on AP coilovers, but not drastically low (still have spring seats and adjusters in)

Has anyone else had this issue? I suppose i could get the lump hammer out as it catches on the 'lip' where the side and end meet...

Oh, and id like to avoid getting a aftermarket exhaust with smaller box or mufflerectomy as i'm trying to keep it pretty OEM looking.

Pretty poor design really.

To be fair I don't think the original back box was going to be designed to consider the fitment of aftermarket roll bars and slammed on it's arse suspension! :D

I've had this problem. Lived with it as initially couldn't determine the source of the clonk.

Jabba found the problem when servicing the car as by then a mark had appeared on the bar. It was hitting the exhaust. No issues with the RARB or fitment of it.

However, viewed from underside it was obvious that the exhaust wasn't sitting quite right. It was too far forwards. The hangers/rubbers obviously stretching a bit to compensate. Exhaust was reseated and I've not had a problem since.

Only thing I can think is either I reversed into something and slightly bent the exhaust or someone "did it" for me.

J.

i reseated my exhaust and every thing to try and get rid of the knockong and nothing seemed to work i even re fitted the rarb to see if it was that some how. after refitting i would take it for a drive the last time i fitted it i left it all tight but a little loose whilst out for a drive and it was still knocking then when i got back lost my cool tightening the bar to the bottom of the struts and tightend ieach bolt as tight as it would go and then some and guess what knocking had gone so i know its a long shot but tighten the bolts stupidly tight and see if that helps first it worked for me not had a noise since

• Like 1