The white blanket

Norse

Then you should move here. Normally this first snow melts away in a couple of days, but several places in this country the winter will stay white from November through May. So if we're unlucky, or lucky in your case :-) we won't see the grass over the next six months -:(

Hi Bob. I did my army duty at Trandum, 12 months in 1980, and today I live 15 minutes away. If you haven't been back since then, I can tell you that there is no military activities there anymore, due to the main airport that opened in 1998. You will recognise the camp, but most of it is now just rotting away.

This region is today the fastest growing in the country thanks to the airport. What used to be a ver quiet countryside, is now booming on all levels. Take a trip, it's worth it, even if its on the expensive side :-)

Did two weeks there in August 1971, spent a week in the mountains , then visited Oslo for the week end which was unbelievable visiting all the sites. Do remember that despite beer being so expensive, most of the young people were very drunk (like me).

Have friends from Scotland who have moved to Sweden near Karlskoga and visit them about twice a year. Always fancied a trip back to see the area.

Bob

Next time you go to Sweden, take the ferry to Denmark and then one to southern Norway. Then take a couple days to drive to your friends. But wait til the summer is here again. Enjoy :-)