Tyre Dilemma

Trev.

I just had a couple of rain sports fitted yesterday. Car felt a lot better even though they were brand new!

I ran them last winter too on the front of my focus, haven't really a bad thing to say about them.

I'm currently run Bridgestone Turanza ER300 205/45/16 very happy, I had Avon ZZ3 205/40/17 they where good to, the Toyo Proxes 4 205/40/17 are good, Toyo Proxes 1 like them a lot, also had Michelin Pilot they last for ages in 205/45/16

Nearly forget Yokohama Parada Spec2 205/40/17 didn't like them sold after 1month

But as someone said check tyres reviews before it helps to make ur mind

How good are the rainsports in winter?

Had a few scary moments this morning with the kuhmos on the front and fallen 452's on the back all with 4mm tread!

Rainsports seem built to work better in wet/cold but this will be my first winter with them. New winter tyres will undoubtedly be a better bet in the cold or on snow but I think I'd back the rainsports against many other summer tyres.

I've got federal 595 super steels or something like that, £45 a corner got 10000 miles so far and just swapped the fronts to back, should see another 10000. Can't fault them at all, got in wet good in dry. Grip as well as the sport contacts that were on previous. Gonna go for the federal 595R next