01272 - Positioning Motor for Central Flap (V70) - 37-00 - Faulty

I think my question is....... Easy job?

Its the last thing to do and the car will not throw any more fault codes :angel:

Glovebox off, Anything else off?

Also, Anyone know the Part number for this flap motor?

51 Plate Vrs with Climate..

tanks in advance everyone.

I think my question is....... Easy job?

Its the last thing to do and the car will not throw any more fault codes :angel:

Glovebox off, Anything else off?

Also, Anyone know the Part number for this flap motor?

51 Plate Vrs with Climate..

tanks in advance everyone.

I don't think its easy dude, i think you need to take the dashboard out to get to it, might be wrong as i haven't had to do it, but done it on a golf, and that needed the dash out....woz not fun!

easy job? hell no...these motors are very ,very,i mean very tricky to replace....

I've replaced the V68 and V71 motors....biggest pain in the butt....I mean,I will preffer to replace a clutch than a climatronic servo motor.

Space is tight,I mean very tight,is a matter of milimeters...most of these motors have joints and arms and even understanding how they work is very hard,because you can't see nothing,everything is tactile...

This job must be done with removing the whole dash out,the whole climatronic sistem out...you cand do the hard way like me,but you need not steel nerves,maybe carbon fiber nerves to do it :)

This is the scheme with all climatronic motors

climatronicscheme.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LE:you may be lucky...I see the V70 is in front....try to remove the central console,maybe you can reach it

Edited by IulianE

Cheers for that pic, Is that the LHD?? looks like it.. if it is located down there then that should not be too much of an issue, Just means ripping the center console out to get to it... if its dry and i have time over the weekend i might have a look...

its strange as all the images i could find for that one shows it on te side of the unit....

Trevor, I think we have met! Spring fest a year or 2 ago. i was in a Black mk1 Fab with white Pro race 3's, came and had a poke around the white fabia you had as i loved them in white....

the V70 you have is that PN 1J2907511D, Where you wanting cash for the V70?? :angel:

01272 - Positioning Motor for Central Flap (V70)

- 37-00 - Faulty

Is the code that comes up on Vag-Com. i didnt add the faulty bit lol

I can give you Full vagcom read out when i get my hands on my laptop..... :angel: Including PN WS code etc etc.... but the fault code is the important thing here/

Edited by vRSsunroof

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

How did you get on with replacing the V70 Motor? mine has gone and i'm just contemplating if its worth me having ago at it.

is it really as hard to change as i'm hearing? and how much was the new Motor?

I still havent started it, Its been very low on the list of jobs to do as its not an Important finctioning part of the car.

It looks like its half the dash and center console has to come out.

Are you sure yours is V70 and not the more common V71.

The V71 is behind the glovebox.

When i run the self diagnosis on the heater, i get error code 4f8, which i believe is the center control flap? This is the V70 motor right?

(I don't get any heat from the dashboard vents. Yet the window screen and feet vents work fine)

if it is the v70, and the motor flaps are fitted inside the airbox then i dont see how you would get to them without taking the unit out and splitting it open, as the unit has bolts around the front and back, you would need the box out to do this. I have a box sat here, i can take a pic when i get a chance if you like. To get the box out, its dash out and crash bar. You might be lucky and the flaps might be mounted on the outside, i will have a look in a bit.

The box does look like it splits, in 2 halves (left and right) but the chances of you getting it back together with the clips in situ is not high, i tried on my mk2 golf, and ended up taking the dash and box out to do.

Hmmmmm, i may have a look at the weekend n see. But in truth, it will probably take me a month to do it.

I will keep you posted.

yes thats gonna be a pain, must be my fat hands too!

that link shows fabia 2 at the top?

that link shows fabia 2 at the top?

sorry that was a quick find link and post, the V70 on the octy is fitted with 3 torx bits

Looks like that:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-GOLF-BORA-BEETLE-AIR-CON-CENTRAL-FLAP-MOTOR-V70-1J2907511D-/140458695898?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b3fd9cda

Thanks everyone for the help.

vRSsunroof, thanks for the ebay link, however, i googled the part number from it. And it came up with a great exploded view of the air con system, complete with all the parts and there codes, the link is below.

http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2002-82020-air-conditioning-system-with-electronic-regulation/

Looking around the site, there appears to be exploded views on just about everything VAG.

For those not wanting to follow links, just google partsbase.org.

• 2 years later...

So, what does this central flap do? I have allso got the 4f8 code. Is it possible to reset this flap to work again, or is it a replacement?

Reset is possible although the issue may return. I tried resetting mine 3 times with vcds and eventually the fault code disappeared. There's a few things you can do, firstly you could try self diagnose with the climatronic unit (hold 2 extreme left and right buttons as you turn ignition on), this goes through all extreme settings takes about a minute and may free up or reset something.

You could reset to basic settings with vcds, can't remember block number but Google it and you should get all the info you need.

Is the flap that is at fault with yours the recirculation flap? If so you can take out glove box and fan and look up to pollen filter and see if the flap is operable.

Try resetting first, a lot less hassle.

I did the self diagnostic, which came up with the center flap fault code 4F8. The recirc. flap works ok, and it seems like the others do also. But I don't know exactly what this center flap controls, so not sure how to check if it is working. It must redirect airflow, but where?

I don't have VCDS, but I might consider getting it, as I have some other issues I'd like to get fixed as well. But it is a bit expensive...

I've just now played around with a obd2 bluetooth dongle, I borrowed. The phone can find it and connect to it, but it can't acces the protocol/ECU. I can't figure out what the problem is... 

Ok. Hopefully someone knows about the center flap and chimes in... Thank's for trying  :thumbup:

I just ordered a cheap a## china VCDS (hope I don't get banned for saying that...), hope it works better.