06 Fabia vRS Gearbox issue

Hello all,

I've a 06 Fabia vRS and recently I've had an issue with the gearbox.

When I'm coming to a stop or even stopped when I put it into 1st gear it seems to be at the bite point when the my foot is pressed on the clutch.

I've thought maybe changing the fluids would help it unless someone has had this issue before and know's exactly what is wrong... (gearbox / clutch on way out!!)

Just noticed i put it in the mk2!!! fool!

I was just about to mention that! I'm glad you noticed yourself.

2006 Fabia will be a Mk1, not Mk2.

Moved! :D

Your a star! Looked to see if I could do it myself but had no luck!

I was just about to mention that! I'm glad you noticed yourself.

2006 Fabia will be a Mk1, not Mk2.

Your right! I honestly thought it was MK1 I clicked on but oh well sorted now :)

You know what my problem might be ;-)

Lack of clutch/brake fluid I would imagine. I'd check the reservoir first, and then next step is probably looking at the clutch itself, or more accurately the slave cylinder/master cylinder, whichever one is in control of the clutch fluid pressure type thing.... (This is why I am an accountant, not a mechanic ;))

Lack of clutch/brake fluid I would imagine. I'd check the reservoir first, and then next step is probably looking at the clutch itself, or more accurately the slave cylinder/master cylinder, whichever one is in control of the clutch fluid pressure type thing.... (This is why I am an accountant, not a mechanic ;))

Well sir... your a really good accountant! I'm just a Gas Turbine Technician! ;-)

This time last year I topped it up thought I was doing good to the car... that bloody night I hit a deer! :-(